For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Rob P
nallen wrote: -- the Italian series Thou Shalt Not Kill on Walter Presents is OK. Miriam Leone is not unattractive …

About six episodes down now and there is an unanswered question. Does she ever smile?

Rob P
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Rob P wrote:
nallen wrote: -- the Italian series Thou Shalt Not Kill on Walter Presents is OK. Miriam Leone is not unattractive …

About six episodes down now and there is an unanswered question. Does she ever smile?

Good question! I recall she cheers up briefly from time to time as the series progresses. (I did wonder if she was playing it on the gloomy side to emphasise that she was a serious actor not just a daytime TV presenter.)
By akg1486
Season 6 of Outlander reportedly premiered yesterday. They don't release the whole season at once, so I'll probably wait a bit before starting. It's almost two years since the last season ended (pandemic-related, no doubt) so I may have to re-watch Season 5 first.

Season 4 of Drive to Survive starts on Friday 11 March. That should be a really good one, given all that happened last year.
akg1486 wrote:Season 4 of Drive to Survive starts on Friday 11 March. That should be a really good one, given all that happened last year.

Oooooh! That should be good, Netflix are reportedly in talks about doing a similar job on the Tour de France.
By akg1486
malcolmfrost wrote:
akg1486 wrote:Season 4 of Drive to Survive starts on Friday 11 March. That should be a really good one, given all that happened last year.

Oooooh! That should be good, Netflix are reportedly in talks about doing a similar job on the Tour de France.

One caveat: Netflix may decide on different release dates in different countries, but I think it's unlikely. Check your local listings!
By PeteSpencer
Anybody watching Killing Eve?
Ep 2 almost entirely filmed in near darkness with muffled sound worthy of Brize radar .

I’m going to have to do some serious telly-tweaking in I’m gonna make head or tail out of the next six episodes :roll:
By Rob P
Only had time for ep1 so far. It was OK, but probably as well it's the shows last outing.

Rob P
By GrahamB
PeteSpencer wrote:Anybody watching Killing Eve?
Ep 2 almost entirely filmed in near darkness with muffled sound worthy of Brize radar .

I’m going to have to do some serious telly-tweaking in I’m gonna make head or tail out of the next six episodes :roll:

Subtitles?
By Milty
Recently started watching Vikings Valhalla on Netflix. No idea of it's historical accuracy but quite entertaining all the same. I've watched worse.
By akg1486
malcolmfrost wrote:Drive to survive is released today on Netflix.

It was interesting to watch how Mazepin senior was putting pressure on Haas to make his son, the driver, look better. In particular in the light of what just happened: Mazepin Jr got fired and will be replaced by Kevin Magnusen who was fired at the end of the 2020 season to make room for Mazepin and his rich dad.

I still have five episodes left, but the F1 season in 2021 was the most exciting in recent years.
By Ridders
We have been doing the Walters.

Just finished Blackout (Flemish). 5/10 for me.
Thought this was a bit predictable - blackout in Belgium due nuclear power station outage. Spotted Ruth Becquart who was also in undercover, this time she was playing one of the flick.
(Enjoyable Translation challenge spotting rude words incorrectly translated in the subtitles :lol: )

Cry wolf (danish).
6/10 for me. All about a family. Somewhat different than the usual crime stuff. Familiar danish actor, this was from the Borgen’ and ‘Follow the Money’ people. Different.

Now the best!
Black Spot on Netflix. (French) 9/10
Actually translated from the French title ‘white zone’. Based on a town called Villefranche without phone reception (hence title) on the edge of a mysterious forest. Spookey and some surprising twists. Need the surround sound and lights out when you watch this one. Two series… quite enjoyed this one.
kanga, Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Oh yay! Saturday night Spiral spot now reserved for Black Spot

Thanks @Ridders

Rob P
By Rob P
Ridders wrote:Now the best!
Black Spot on Netflix. (French) 9/10

Rob P
kanga liked this