For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pete L wrote:
Guardian this week has been doing "working-from-bed". I've no idea how I could prod recalciltrant bits for hours from my pit. There must be a kind of work from bed with which I'm unfamiliar.

Must have pinched it from the DT which has been doing the same.

Can’t imagine working from bed for one second .

Peter
By akg1486
Pete L wrote:I won't ask how many of the computer types on here have done a remote fix while in their normal bed attire.

In normal bed attire: yes
From bed: no

:D
PeteSpencer wrote:
Rob P wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:
A good film on a big bedroom telly

I have never understood having a television in the bedroom, or the kitchen.

But tele isn't a big part of my life and I prefer to get away from it.

Rob P

yeah, right:

I am guessing there will be lots of tele-watching in our house over the next two weeks.

So these constant threads recommending streamed series from all over the world that you have posted over the last umpty years are all watched on your iPh.., er, android phone?

No, I use Google Chromecast and cast whatever is on my phone or tablet to our living room TV. Works well with netflix, Prime and iPlayer.
By PeteSpencer
@malcolmfrost

The point I made was in view of previous snotty/snooty comments about bedroom tellies and the (non) use of tellies in general in people whose lives allegedly are lived sans telly.

My defence of bedroom tellies, is their use in my case (insomniac)as an alternative to sleeping pills.

Set the off timer to 30 minutes;

Job done :lol:
By Flyingfemme
Rob P wrote:I have never understood having a television in the bedroom, or the kitchen.

But tele isn't a big part of my life and I prefer to get away from it.

Rob P

A telly isn’t just for tv watching these days. Kitchen tv is used for listening to Radio 4, or a music streaming service, while cooking/cleaning/pottering. Batcave tv (aka Sheshed) for the same when sewing/knitting/ironing and bedroom tv for yoga/relaxation/stretch videos or soundtracks. DH had a tv in the garage for Youtubing how-to vids when detailing cars/bikes or doing maintenance.
By GrahamB
malcolmfrost wrote:The Investigation, (BBC4) gets good reviews starring Juul and Fris!

Absolutely excellent; a refreshingly different take on a crime story.

The accompanying BBC Sounds podcast is quite interesting too, but you need to watch the series first to avoid the inevitable spoilers.
By GrahamB
Another one worth a try is Delhi Crime (Netflix). I found it absolutely gripping.

The subject matter is horrific (and a true story that received worldwide coverage at the time ) but the crime itself is never protrayed, just the aftermath.

For anyone with any connections to India, and Delhi in particular, it's a fascinating dramatisation of dogged determination against a backdrop of misogyny, corruption, politics, incompetence and the sheer overcrowded shambolic nature of India.
Colonel Panic liked this