For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By akg1486
malcolmfrost wrote:
akg1486 wrote:Thanks @malcolmfrost and @low&slow . :thumleft:

(Can't understand why iPlayer isn't open everywhere, at least for BBC's own content.)

Because we pay for it and you don't?? :D :D

You're welcome to watch anything you like on svtplay.se. :thumleft: Only their own content is available abroad, so you might need to learn our language. :D
kanga liked this
By malcolmfrost
I've been watching Nordic Noir for at least 10 years so I'm fully fluent in all the Scandinavian languages :D
Interestingly I can't watch "The Tunnel" on that site as it's presumably English and subtitled!
By akg1486
Sourced material isn't allowed to be shown outside the country. Usually they're available only for a month or so. They do have several British crime series: I've recently watched In the Dark (four episode mini-series), Honour (two episode mini-series) and Deadwater Fell (four episode mini-series). Earlier this year I watched Prime Suspect 1973 (enjoyed that; I'm a fan of the original series) and the remake of All Creatures Great and Small. There are more British shows. Foreign films and TV series, except those for children, are subtitled and not dubbed. A VPN will sort you out; no registration necessary.

I've wanted to see The Tunnel for quite some time, but what SVT has on its site is season 3 and I haven't seen the first two. I haven't found the American remake of The Bridge, either.
Here is a don't waste your time recommendation. Top Gear. An hour of my life I won't get back.

Actually, quite a bit less because at least I had the sense to record it and then fast forwarded though pretty much the whole programme.

How can Top Gear have sunk so low? Total dross.
Rob P liked this
By Pete L
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
akg1486 wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:
akg1486 wrote:Thanks @malcolmfrost and @low&slow . :thumleft:

(Can't understand why iPlayer isn't open everywhere, at least for BBC's own content.)

Because we pay for it and you don't?? :D :D

You're welcome to watch anything you like on svtplay.se. :thumleft: Only their own content is available abroad, so you might need to learn our language. :D

Do they subtitle it in Danish and Norwegian ?
By akg1486
Pete L wrote:
akg1486 wrote:You're welcome to watch anything you like on svtplay.se. :thumleft: Only their own content is available abroad, so you might need to learn our language. :D

Do they subtitle it in Danish and Norwegian ?

Why would they? :scratch: There's Swedish subtitles for the hearing impaired.
By Rob P
Paultheparaglider wrote:How can Top Gear have sunk so low? Total dross.

Surely it can't have sunk any lower than the latter days of Clarkson and Co?

Rob P
Rob P wrote:
Paultheparaglider wrote:How can Top Gear have sunk so low? Total dross.

Surely it can't have sunk any lower than the latter days of Clarkson and Co?

Rob P

Far, far worse. Staggeringly bad.

55 minutes of the hour was the three presenters driving around in the cars their dads' would have driven. A Mk 4 Cortina, a Fiesta and a 323i. Just when you thought they couldn't sink any lower, one task was to replicate them driving round a track at night sitting on the knee of one of the other presenters. It was supposed to be a sitting on their dads' knee thing.

5 minutes or so was spent thrashing a new hybrid Lambo. Even that was only half interesting because the hybrid storage was, unusually, by capacitor rather than battery.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
That is really hard to imagine.

I shall take your advice and continue to ignore it, as I have done since somewhere around Series 7 back in 2006 when the 'new format' started to become tediously repetitive. :thumleft:

Rob P
By akg1486
Paultheparaglider wrote:Here is a don't waste your time recommendation. Top Gear. An hour of my life I won't get back.

Actually, quite a bit less because at least I had the sense to record it and then fast forwarded though pretty much the whole programme.

How can Top Gear have sunk so low? Total dross.

I didn't like the format directly following Clarkson, May and Hammond, but I think the current one isn't half bad. I actually prefer it to The Grand Tour with Clarkson & Co.
By Rob P
Sad news today of the untimely passing of Sabine, The Ring's favourite taxi and Transit driver.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By akg1486
Rob P wrote:Sad news today of the sad passing of Sabine, The Ring's favourite taxi and Transit driver.

Really? I had no idea. Her driving the van round Nurburgring was a real high point of the Clarkson era of Top Gear. :( :( :(
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Indeed she was a highlight. A skilled driver rather than a grandstanding journalist.

Rob P