For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Will try the Australian one Rob, I think I do have that lined up anyway on my list in prime.
We are currently up to S3 of Crimson River, the French roving detective duo series. It’s not the finest, but does have a variety of gendarmerie vehicles to observe and some interesting plots.
By Rob P
Yes, we enjoyed Crimson Rivers. Very different.

Rob P
By Rob P
Colonel Panic wrote:Just watched Borgen S3 on Netflix; superb stuff

Did you mean S3? What is effectively S4, but is now called Borgen, Power & Glory, S1, has just landed.

Rob P
By akg1486
Enjoy the Danish series while you can: the major streaming sites, including Netflix, have decided not to produce anything in Denmark. It has something to do with IPR legislation in the country; haven't understood the details.
Rob P liked this
By kanga
I look forward to seeing and hearing the Danish, and hope (given the advertised series theme) there'll be Greenlandic Inuktun as well :) ISTR the earlier series were on More4 eventually.

[when I passed through Qaanaaq - Thule AFB - in a RCAF C130 I heard only US accents!]
By Rob P
malcolmfrost wrote: ... it's really hard to keep up with the subtitles!

Yes. Unlike the earlier manifestations they have tailored the subtitles for people watching without sound, "phone rings" etc.

Tedious.

Rob P
Rob P wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote: ... it's really hard to keep up with the subtitles!

Yes. Unlike the earlier manifestations they have tailored the subtitles for people watching without sound, "phone rings" etc.

Tedious.

Really? Not when I watched it; make sure you have "subtitles" ticked rather than "close captioned (CC)".

FWIW I watch it on a Mac laptop / Brave browser with ad blocking.
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
Colonel Panic wrote: ... make sure you have "subtitles" ticked rather than "close captioned (CC)".

I will check that instantly, thank you.

You will recall I am not a dedicated Netflix subscriber and was actively considering cancelling the sub until late autumn when we go back to TV watching. But now, of course, we are stuck in Denmark for a while. All your fault!

Thanks,

Rob
Colonel Panic liked this
By Rob P
Well I checked, and using the Netflix button on our tele "English CC" is the only option, but I have proper English on the PC. I may look at casting from my phone for ep3

Rob P
Colonel Panic liked this
By kanga
kanga wrote:I look forward to seeing and hearing the Danish, and hope (given the advertised series theme) there'll be Greenlandic Inuktun as well :) ISTR the earlier series were on More4 eventually.

[when I passed through Qaanaaq - Thule AFB - in a RCAF C130 I heard only US accents!]

Thanks to a Netflix voucher (birthday present) I am now able to watch the new Borgen, and have now seen Ep 1. Although the English subtitles did not make this clear, I was pleased to note that the very first dialogue was in Inuktun, and later there was a scene of Danish politicians peering at the Danish subtitles (obscured by the English ones!) where the Greenland First Minister was speaking on TV in Inuktun. Meanwhile, the political drama stories are as intriguing as in the earlier series. This is going to be fun for me, at least. Qaagit!
Colonel Panic liked this