For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Ridders
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Sorry about that kanga, I did start with Walter and then went to Netflix for the last one!

Black Spot is very different, it’s not yer normal crime, (it has several that are solved by the flick) but it’s got a theme running through with some interesting twists and the Major and team do drive round in a old Toyota Land Cruiser. The filming is pretty spooky in places.. it’s certainly different but we both quite enjoyed it. Has to be watched in original French with subtitles, naturally.
kanga, Rob P liked this
By Ridders
malcolmfrost wrote:Young Wallander Season 2 out on Netflix as well.
I watched season 1 and that was sort of ok (interesting grenade action!). but I found his speech/accent and his somewhat cardboard acting annoying!
By Rob P
@Ridders
Three episodes into Black Spot after yesterday evening and it's living up to your description.

The French are very good at the slightly surreal, mystical stuff. I was left wondering if it was the same stunt wolf used in Witnesses / Les Témoins

Rob P :thumleft:
Ridders liked this
By PeteSpencer
PeteSpencer wrote:Anybody watching Killing Eve?
Ep 2 almost entirely filmed in near darkness with muffled sound worthy of Brize radar .

I’m going to have to do some serious telly-tweaking in I’m gonna make head or tail out of the next six episodes :roll:

Edit: watched it live on BBC 1 yisdy and it was heaps better: Must be the iPlayer........................
By GrahamB
Rob P wrote:The French are very good at the slightly surreal, mystical stuff. I was left wondering if it was the same stunt wolf used in Witnesses / Les Témoins

Sorry, but I thought it was one of the poorest things I’ve watched for a long time.

Utter, utter couilles
By Cowshed
For those with Netflix, l've really enjoyed 'Undercover'. Just finished the first series and the 2nd one has made a promising start. It's a Belgium/Dutch production. It is another drug dealer related story, but much better that sooooo much of the stuff out there in my opinion. It's more down to earth and realistic (as much as these things ever can be).
Colonel Panic liked this
By akg1486
A new series, "Gaslit", starring Sean Penn and Julia Roberts premiered on Monday with one episode a week. (I don't know which streaming service carries it in the UK.) It's about one of Nixon's ministers and his wife and centers around, of course, Watergate.

I enjoyed the first episode, but I think one needs to know at least a little bit about Watergate before watching it. "All The President's Men" probably gives you enough background.
By Ridders
Severance - nah. Tried it and gave up, on the first episode. Really to weird.
Apple do some good stuff, the slow horses one is good and so was Tehran. Tehran has a new series shortly.
See was bloody awesome. As was Foundation.
The last days of ptomely grey was thought provoking. And I quite liked invasion and Finch. And physical.
They do however have a vast quantity of old tut, mostly ‘’merican tut.
By Rob P
Gaslit is on Prime, but one of their partner channels so requires a sub. Of course there's a free month offer if you are deluded enough to think you'll ever cancel it in time.

Still on Prime we watched a six-part Australian police procedural, Winter. The production quality isn't of the finest, in the first episode I was somewhat reminded of Bergerac, but it either got better as the plot thickened or I ceased to notice as it drew me in.