For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
RayP wrote:
Rob P wrote:Now I know Wilco is in it, and we are having a month of Netflix I'll certainly give it a go

Sorry, but GoT is not available on Netflix

See if @Propwash will lend you his Box Set.................... :wink:
By Rob P
Ah yes, but the final three series of Lucifer are!

Series 5 Ep1 done :D

Rob P

Newcomers to Lucifer are advised to watch S1 E1 still on Prime.
By Rob P
Anyone who has ever grabbed a Lee Child, Jack Reacher novel from a station or airport bookstall and enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure should maybe check out the new series on Prime.

Unlike the laughable movie with dwarf Tom Cruise playing the 6ft 5in eponymous protagonist, the tele, actually uses a 6ft 5in actor to retell the story "The Killing Floor" over eight episodes.

Free to view.

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By akg1486
Rob P wrote:Anyone who has ever grabbed a Lee Child, Jack Reacher novel from a station or airport bookstall and enjoyed it as a guilty pleasure should maybe check out the new series on Prime.

Unlike the laughable movie with dwarf Tom Cruise playing the 6ft 5in eponymous protagonist, the tele, actually uses a 6ft 5in actor to retell the story "The Killing Floor" over six episodes.

Free to view.

Rob P

Thanks, Rob! I’d missed that. I’m a huge Jack Reacher fan and will watch it. :thumleft: (The show is called ”Reacher” for anyone searching for it.)

Watched the only two episodes released yet of The Gilded Age yesterday on HBO. Set in 1880s New York, it’s a costume drama by Julian Fellowes (who created Downton Abbey). It’s not nearly as good as Downton, but I’ll probably stick with it; one episode per week (Monday).
Rob P liked this
By Rob P
We chomped through two episodes last night, it's lightweight entertainment and not without a sense of humour in the gaps where Reacher isn't fighting multiple thugs single-handed.

Rob P
By Rob P
Ah well. We just blitzed the remaining six episodes in one evening.

Rob P
akg1486 liked this
By GrahamB
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Recent BBC4 Saturday night scandi-slots have been occupied by ‘Hidden Assets’, a 6-part Irish-Belgian coproduction.

Mrs GB and I found it remarkably watchable, with fewer ‘Really?’ moments than usual. Streamable on iPlayer.
VRB_20kt, kanga liked this
By Rob P
Yes, it was surprisingly good, we enjoyed it and couldn't wait for it to air so watched the entire series over a couple of nights.

That leaves Saturday night as a bit of a desert, hence our spending five hours on Reacher last night.

Rob P
By akg1486
Rob P wrote:Ah well. We just blitzed the remaining six episodes in one evening.

Rob P

Five episodes yesterday; the remaining three today.

Looking forward to more seasons; there's plenty of source material.
Rob P liked this