For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By kanga
mick w wrote:..

But if not for the walkers , would the Towpaths remain??. :wink:

by some waterways the principal peril to walkers on the 'towpath' are, or in my memory used to be, the bicycling coaches of oarsmen, riding fast and furious but looking sideways at their boat, and (in the old days; perhaps they use radios now) holding a megaphone in one hand :roll:
mick w liked this
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
kanga wrote:

by some waterways the principal peril to walkers on the 'towpath' are, or in my memory used to be, the bicycling coaches of oarsmen, riding fast and furious but looking sideways at their boat, and (in the old days; perhaps they use radios now) holding a megaphone in one hand :roll:

Ah memories of the 'Bumps' with the coach screaming at us from Baits Bite lock all the way along Long Reach and back to the Green Dragon..................

Greatest risk was to the oarsmen though: I (Bow ) got flicked out of the boat when our rookie cox steered us into a moored cabin cruiser: I had to walk/squelch all the way back to our boathouse..... :lol:
kanga liked this
By leiafee
Well it’s launched and is indeed... slow... at any rate when the route planner decides to go straight over the top of Mynydd Dinas as the route of choice from Port Talbot to Neath...

It made for an interesting demonstration of the idea though as the route in question parallels the road for the Port Talbot-Baglan stretch albeit a good few hundred foot up - the contrast is interesting.

Then down into the woods for the other half.

I enjoyed it all except this bit...
JAFO, kanga, eltonioni and 1 others liked this
By leiafee
Swansea-Neath successful

Gorseinon-Swansea not so much...

Was in waterproof trail shoes but that doesn’t help when it’s over your ankles...

Will try again from the other side of that stretch of path to check it’s not my nav at fault but that one looks a dud!

Fun anyway and not the first time I’ve had a supposed right of way peeter out on me.
Charles Hunt liked this