For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Jim Jones
If there's one thing that winds me up ......it's people who can't tell the difference between the thought-provoking, grown up, science fiction that is Star trek and the medieval-fairy- tale -fantasy- just- in- another- galaxy that is Star Wars :roll:
T6Harvard, TopCat, Spooky and 3 others liked this
By Jim Jones
riverrock wrote:I assume you're enjoying the new season of Discovery then @Jim Jones ?

I accidentally went to my first Star Trek convention dressed as Chewbacca.
Wookie mistake.

Not sure if enjoy is the right word.
Series one was interesting but not Star Trek except by name only, series 2 undid all the mistakes re the Star Trek canon quite nicely, but was the equivalent to Bobby Ewing and the shower scene in Dallas
Series 3 looks like the start of a never ending story.
By Spooky
Jim Jones wrote:If there's one thing that winds me up ......it's people who can't tell the difference between the thought-provoking, grown up, science fiction that is Star trek and the medieval-fairy- tale -fantasy- just- in- another- galaxy that is Star Wars :roll:

It’s a joke Jim... but not as you know it :P

P.S Star Trek has space elves :wink:
By Spooky
riverrock wrote:I assume you're enjoying the new season of Discovery then @Jim Jones ?

Wookie mistake.

I tried a Wookiee steak once. It was a bit chewy.
JAFO, Rob L, Bob Bevan liked this
By Spooky
Jim Jones wrote:

Wookie mistake.

Not sure if enjoy is the right word.
Series one was interesting but not Star Trek except by name only, series 2 undid all the mistakes re the Star Trek canon quite nicely, but was the equivalent to Bobby Ewing and the shower scene in Dallas
Series 3 looks like the start of a never ending story.

I’m struggling with ST:Burnham. Haven’t bothered with season 3