For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
eltonioni wrote:... The type of person who already knows all the answers can listen to James O'Brien.

ah, thanks for expanding the initials. Someone else with whose work I was totally unfamiliar. Again, to save others the bother:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_O%2 ... roadcaster)
I see on line that Birmingham University are now claiming that they have developed a nasal spray which prevents the virus being absorbed by the body because it coats any in the nasal passage, effectively neutering it. It also prevents it being passed on. Clearly it won't, if the claims are proved valid, stop the virus being taken up through the mouth by virus-laden hands touching the face etc., but would be useful on crowded flights or other transport. Let's hope it turns out to be as good as claimed.

PW
johnm liked this
Propwash wrote:I see on line that Birmingham University are now claiming that they have developed a nasal spray which prevents the virus being absorbed by the body because it coats any in the nasal passage, effectively neutering it. It also prevents it being passed on. Clearly it won't, if the claims are proved valid, stop the virus being taken up through the mouth by virus-laden hands touching the face etc., but would be useful on crowded flights or other transport. Let's hope it turns out to be as good as claimed.

PW

My wife swears by a product called First Defence which she sprays up her nose if someone sneezed near her in a supermarket! That was last winter though....
I’ve been using first defence for years. You need to apply it at the first sign of symptoms, which may well be too late for Covid usage if this new stuff is taken in the same way.
It may be effective if taken routinely as a prophylactic but I can’t say I’ve found it effective since I still seem to get an annual bug at this time of year, but then I suppose one doesn’t know what one hasn’t caught anyway.
I am reminded of a recent remark:

If you want to understand the difference between intelligent and well educated look at Marcus Rashford and Dolly Parton, versus Jacob Rees-Mogg
johnm wrote:If you want to understand the difference between intelligent and well educated look at Marcus Rashford and Dolly Parton, versus Jacob Rees-Mogg

Classic Dolly lines (tho' possibly apocryphal)

"People think I'm a dumb blonde, well a lot of people have found out I'm not dumb, and some people have found out I'm not blonde"

"Hey, it costs me a fortune to look this cheap"

Bill H
kanga, Flyin'Dutch', johnm liked this
johnm wrote:I am reminded of a recent remark:

If you want to understand the difference between intelligent and well educated look at Marcus Rashford and Dolly Parton, versus Jacob Rees-Mogg

Come along now John. Marcus and Dolly can’t help it if they’re not intelligent.