For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
The residents of Berlaymont have demonstrated that conventional public procurement is not well suited to managing a crisis. I don’t think they have had any other role. EMA could have done better too but their recent enforced relocation won’t have helped. Otherwise it’s all about the individual states and like the UK they have had a torrid time and sadly it looks like they are getting worse while we are getting better :(
HMG seems to be panic mode
They have been sending out their "reps" to blast out on all channels on the radio etc about how the AZ is safe and how they have administered XX millions jabs.

Clearly what they don't want to talk about is:

1. How they were looking in the opposite direction and only now have admitted that well actually yes there have been 7 deaths and 30 serious cases of the vary particular kind of brain clot...... but ummmm errr there is clearly no link at all to the vax

2. They won't release the details of the 7 or the 30. It might be that all of them are say women under the age of 50. IF so (and this is my speculation here) how many jab in total have been administered is totally irrelevant - what would be relevant might be how many jabs to women under the age of 50....all of which might paint a rather less rosy picture.

How long before the family of one or more of the unfortunate 7 start to sue?
So, in an ordinary year in the UK there are somewhere between 5 and 15 cases per million per year of CVST.

So in three months it should be 1.25 to 3.75 per million and about 18 million have had the AZ vaccine meaning, in that population, we would expect around 22 to 67 cases if there was no link at all.

There have been 37 cases.

Am I missing something or does it seem like there's absolutely no increased chance of CVST in those who have been vaccinated?
MikeB, A4 Pacific, T67M liked this
There is no evidence of cause and effect of blood clots in any of the vaccines as yet.

However a different set of clots has been detected at similar levels in Pfizer recipients in the US so investigations continue.

It is possible that very rare side effects may exist, but it could also be coincidence as the numbers are so small, so that shouldn’t get in the way of overall benefits.
MikeB, JAFO liked this
As quoted by a doc on the beeb this morning - women “on the pill” have a 1 in 800 chance of developing blood clots, with other examples of risk which makes the COVID jab seem extremely safe indeed. However the media will stay in panic mode.
MikeB, johnm, JAFO liked this
Cns416 wrote:HMG seems to be panic mode

In the UK the Vaccine Damage Act 1979 provides a no-fault payment to anyone who is severely disabled as the result of having a vaccination against a number of conditions, including coronavirus. I don't think it covers deaths, though, so I suspect causation would have to be shown. I did read that the family of a woman who died following vaccination in France are taking legal action.

Regards

Mike

In the UK the Vaccine Damage Act 1979 provides a no-fault payment to anyone who is severely disabled as the result of having a vaccination against a number of conditions, including coronavirus. I don't think it covers deaths, though, so I suspect causation would have to be shown.

As I understand it, both the manufacturers and dispensing health professionals have been given immunity from any civil claims arising as a result of deaths or ill effects from the vaccines.
Last edited by flybymike on Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeE, DarrenL liked this
Jim Jones wrote:EU members now negotiating to buy the Russian Sputnik vaccine,

Putin’s plan is coming together:
Encourage break up of EU, (the subject that shall not be named),
Offer face-saving product, (further in-fighting occurs about the rights and wrongs),
Result is to remove ongoing threats to former USSR border encroachment and reclaim former territory,
Continue to subvert democratic state networks

Wow. There was me thinking it was NATO who had delivered the bulwark against soviet aggression since 1949.

Since the US don’t seem to be buying Sputnik, how was I to know it was actually the EU.

I wonder who would have defended Ukraine more effectively in 2014? :shock: NATO or the EU? :lol: :lol: :lol:
JAFO liked this
A4 Pacific wrote:..

I wonder who would have defended Ukraine more effectively in 2014? :shock: NATO or the EU? :lol: :lol: :lol:

ISTR that the then Russian government peddled the line that a proposed trade agreement between EU and Ukraine was an aggressive act equivalent to NATO tanks in Crimea .. :roll:
A major NATO exercise in Ukraine would be an excellent idea for summer 2021, perhaps alongside a contingent of gas pipeline engineers. Maybe lend Germany a few of the UK's renewable energy experts too.
johnm wrote:@A4 Pacific most EU countries are also NATO members in case you hadn’t noticed :roll:

Would that be apart from France who withdrew from full membership from 1966 to 2009.

Nevertheless, I would suggest it is NATO that has safeguarded the west from former USSR border encroachment and ‘reclamation’. Not the EU. If that was what was implied by the post I quoted?

Certainly Russia seem to worry more about NATO involvement in their borderlands then anything the EU might do.

But of course you knew that. :roll:
Last edited by A4 Pacific on Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAFO liked this