For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
BBC News says golf likely to resume 29th March

Rob P

AZ jab for me two weeks ago. No adverse effects at all, not even at the injection site. There was really no way to tell that I'd had it.
That has dropped off considerably.

Maybe the urgency has gone, who knows. It also seems to vary by region. Certainly around our way, they’ve only just started the 65+ with some exceptions. So us youngsters in our 50s have a while to wait yet. Indeed, the GP website says several months. So either they’re lying or the government is.
It may be due to fluctuation in vaccine supply, and the need to commit an increasing proportion of what is available to second doses.

The centre where I volunteer normally opens four days a week, but we’re expecting to close completely for two weeks in March, until vaccine supply picks up again.
AndyR wrote:Maybe the urgency has gone, who knows.

Not so far as the small business and socially deprived people around here are concerned, it hasn't. :(
Charliesixtysix wrote:Daily vaccination rate varies quite a bit, but for some reason the 151,000 ish vaccinations listed yesterday is down a lot in relation to the the last few midweek days, and at about 30% of the higher daily figures posted recently.

Anyone know a reason?

Perhaps, after they'd done mine they all lost interest in the daily figures. I know I did. :D
Charles Hunt liked this
Apparently there has been a rush for foreign holiday bookings. I do hope that the government will take measures to prevent people travelling to areas where there is still a high incidence of cases or where there is a lag in vaccinations - in the same way as there is a ban on incoming flights.
JAFO, T6Harvard liked this
Charles Hunt wrote:Schools reopening. Have teachers been vaccinated as a priority group? If yes then OK, if not then I for one do not think teachers should be expected to spend significant periods of time in a closed environment with maybe 30 or more potential spreaders.

No evidence that teachers are more likely to get Covid than anyone else during the times school were opened..
Schools have been working very hard to maintain social distancing from pupils, plus PPE, sanitising, deep cleaning etc. That’s not happening in public playgrounds, street corners, bus stops. etc, hence the pupils spread it to each other, then home, and infection rises there.
Charles Hunt wrote:Schools reopening. Have teachers been vaccinated as a priority group? If yes then OK, if not then I for one do not think teachers should be expected to spend significant periods of time in a closed environment with maybe 30 or more potential spreaders.

The SHO for Wales answered this question during a recent Wales Gov. update. All the data collected to date in Wales shows that teachers will be at no more risk than many other occupations, in fact at less risk than some others, so if it were done it would be for political rather than real reasons.

R4 'More or Less' came to the same conclusion a couple of weeks ago, showing that the unions were using, inadvertantly or otherwise, spurious data to support their claim.
Bill McCarthy wrote:Apparently there has been a rush for foreign holiday bookings. I do hope that the government will take measures to prevent people travelling to areas where there is still a high incidence of cases or where there is a lag in vaccinations - in the same way as there is a ban on incoming flights.

Non-essential travel from third countries with an infection rate of more than 25 per 100,000 is currently banned in most EU states.