For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
  • 1
  • 142
  • 143
  • 144
  • 145
  • 146
  • 154
#1827851
Seems there’s no problem that the EU can’t make worse and now it’s going to cost thousands of lives. So much for “trust”.

https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/med ... a189548812
AstraZeneca's vaccine is developing into a corona paradox in Germany . Although there is still far too little vaccine available, the manufacturer's doses remain unused. Of the more than 736,000 ampoules nationwide, only 64,869 were used on Tuesday, according to the Robert Koch Institute (RKI).
ANZEIGE

In truth, more AstraZeneca vaccine may have been used because inoculated doses are reported with some delay. Such a small portion is surprising, however, and the next 730,000 cans are already on their way.

What’s it like in your manor @Flyin'Dutch' ? My German friend hasn’t seen his elderly parents for a year and he’s just put back flights to Bavaria until September, but is that even likely at this rate?
#1827871
eltonioni wrote:What’s it like in your manor @Flyin'Dutch' ? My German friend hasn’t seen his elderly parents for a year and he’s just put back flights to Bavaria until September, but is that even likely at this rate?


Merkel has promised every German citizen to have been offered a jab by September - before the next general election.

But so far the delivery has been staggeringly slow.

All my patients in nursing homes have had their jabs as have all the staff there. They are currently delivering vaccinations at big vaccination centres and that is for the over 80 year olds.

They must have woken up to the fact that they will have soon more vaccines than jabbers as there was another email round last week asking for volunteering practices so I have duly replied again and shocked our team by volunteering us all.

I will personally jab until my own arm falls off from overuse.

Infection, morbidity and mortality figures are down but now hovering.

The intransigence of sorting out something as simple as vaccinating people is infuriating and cr@p. They need a kick up the ****.
MikeB, kanga, T6Harvard and 3 others liked this
#1827903
I would make it a criminal offence to elbow bump. Every time I see Boris on the TV at a public engagement, he is elbow bumping someone or other. I just cringe. Aside from the fact we were all told to sneeze / cough / wipe our noses into our elbows, it just looks so naff.

He was doing this at a prodigious rate at my local mass vaccination centre on the news a few days back. And, yesterday on the Welsh Open snooker the players were all doing it.

I'm not a big fan of US gun laws, but for once I could make an exception so I could shoot anyone who waved their elbow anywhere near me. :wink:
johnm, JAFO, Spooky and 1 others liked this
#1827930
Australian vaccination begins, PM among the first:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56143277

.. but antivaxxers protest, including against 'compulsory vaccination', which is not being proposed by anyone :evil:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56137597
johnm liked this
#1827941
@Flyin'Dutch' What's the latest in your neck of the woods about spacing the vaccines, Frank? I read a couple of weeks ago that Germany (and Denmark) were looking into longer intervals, but never heard the outcome …
#1827991
Paultheparaglider wrote:I would make it a criminal offence to elbow bump. Every time I see Boris on the TV at a public engagement, he is elbow bumping someone or other. I just cringe. Aside from the fact we were all told to sneeze / cough / wipe our noses into our elbows, it just looks so naff. Snip :wink:


Plus, it brings the person far too close!
JAFO, johnm liked this
#1828057
For all those oldies on the forum :wink: who have had their jabs, a question if I may.
I know a few who have had the Pfizer jab and more who have had the AZ one. I’ve not been aware of any adverse reaction to the Pfizer, but several have felt really rough post AZ vaccine. Rough enough to have a day or two in bed.

Anyone suffered after the Pfizer jab?
#1828059
I was done with Pfizer early in the evening. Apart from the sore upper arm for about thirty-six hours, I felt a bit tired and lacking in energy for all of the following day. Mrs GB was similar.
Last edited by GrahamB on Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
AndyR liked this
#1828061
AndyR wrote:For all those oldies on the forum :wink: who have had their jabs, a question if I may.
I know a few who have had the Pfizer jab and more who have had the AZ one. I’ve not been aware of any adverse reaction to the Pfizer, but several have felt really rough post AZ vaccine. Rough enough to have a day or two in bed.

Anyone suffered after the Pfizer jab?


Me? Absolutely nothing, nada:
Mrs S the day before was the same.

One of her friends had the Astra zeneca and was laid low with headaches and sweats for 24 hours last week. 1/7 in bed.
  • 1
  • 142
  • 143
  • 144
  • 145
  • 146
  • 154