For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
'West of England' Mayor urges greater diligence in Covid precautions as South West infection surge continues

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-g ... e-59035021

ISTR reading that Swindon Mayor put out similar call late last week
StratoTramp wrote:To a hammer everything looks like a nail.

Also, far too many nails think that hammers are avoidable.

We're pretty much all going to be hit by the Covid hammer. The only question is how it affects us and that is down to individual circumstances and the virus, not what all the other nails do.
StratoTramp liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Still waiting to be called for our boosters as we're only just coming up to 6 months after the last shot.
We've booked flu again though so will toddle off for that in a week or so.

@Jim Jones that's disappointing, but not surprising sadly :(
By StratoTramp
Jim Jones wrote:Had my booster today.

Yesterday I was at a kids party with my grandaughter .
15 x 7 year olds, 5 x teenagers, 15 x parents assorted .
One mask wearer. …

Good, people have accepted the risk - It was low before, and even lower with vaccination.

Look at it another way, not sure who the mask wearer was - but presumably who ever they were wanted 35 other people to bend to their own needs - possibly even at somebody else's birthday party - Which is a bit rich even without the latter :lol:

Who are they, Cher!? :cyclopsani: she once demanded a separate room for all her wigs and said she wanted face wipes, but only those presented in perfectly square boxes.
By johnm
kanga wrote:Local MP, who was maskless in crowded Commons chamber last week, has reported testing positive

It’ll be interesting to see if others are reporting since the timescale is such that I suspect this muppet was spraying aerosols around........let’s hope he doesn’t end up at the mercy of a brassed off medic :D
From BBC News site summary of national papers, with images of their front pages, today's (Tue) FT:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpspr ... ft2610.png

There's a story at bottom left of the page, not gisted in the BBC text summary, which caught my eye; headline:

"Early doubts cast long shadow over mask debate"

.. going on to suggest that 'some experts' are suggesting that there may be a connexion between high UK infection rates and low UK rates of maskwearing (perhaps that should be 'England'), compared to other European nations. Full story on an inside page.

I am not qualified to competent to comment either on the veracity nor the reasoning :?