For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
flybymike wrote:Peak viral load did not differ by vaccination status or variant type.

Subject to everything, but that will upset a lot of people since it boils vaccine protection down to personal benefit, not for 3rd parties'.

Quite extensive and serious implications for the status-quo if it's the case in the wider world. Lots of castles in the sky will crumble.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
When 100% of the people are vacinated against covid, 100% of the people in hospital with covid will be vacinated against covid. It never ends. It is all about control.

You can be vacinated and spread it. :roll: it's all be reframed to insanity with this protect others bs. Protect yourself be happy with that rather than trying to control everyone else.

Like we used to before vacination became part of virtue signalling and safe spaces.

Need to reframe the dialogue as vacination protects you.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spooky liked this
johnm wrote:.. a significant chunk of the population is too stupid to simply do the sensible thing on their own initiative........

in whose slight defence I'd add '.. or failed to see through a barrage of misinformation in some media..'. Perhaps not much of a plea in mitigation, but possibly a significant factor
johnm liked this
StratoTramp wrote:When 100% of the people are vacinated against covid, 100% of the people in hospital with covid will be vacinated against covid. It never ends. .

Sadly there’ll always be a significant minority who cannot be vaccinated, plus the % failure who won’t know it hasn’t worked.
eltonioni liked this
It's all getting rather serious up here. Headed off for the booster yesterday to discover about half the staff were in camo gear. The girl at the door was an RAF nurse, the fella who administered the injection to my much better half, was a non medic marine who had received some training in how to stick needles in folks.

Me, I had Fiona the NHS nurse. :thumright:

I have to say I found it a bit peculiar having the military in camo attire, including the RAF nurse, in a village hall administering health care to general public. I would have thought there would have been a danger of sending the wrong message?

Anyway, all was very civilised. :thumright:
flybymike liked this
If they don't wear uniforms they'd presumably have to wear their own civvies, with associated laundry hassle. If they do wear uniforms, camo is probably the least hassle for the same laundry reasons :) ; keeping their #1s for Parades. Also, in vicinity of some patients, it might also deter potential miscreants from verbal or physical abuse :thumright:
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Not sure why a military uniform would ever be alarming. Another sign of antiphase society tunnelling to the lowest denominator. Like ACAB bs.

It's just a resourcing thing if we are going to have this stupid booster rollout by end of Jan.
It was just a thought. :D

@JAFO it doesn't matter a toss what the military think, what does matter is whether those sitting on the fence and a little sceptical are put off by being administered injections by non medic military personnel dressed in camo uniform. The objective being to get as many as possible to have the vaccination.

@StratoTramp likewise, doesn't matter whether you are unsure. What matters is not giving reason not to be vaccinated.

As I say it was just a thought. Personally I wouldn't have taken the risk of putting people off, irrespective of how comfortable I was with the military. Cause it ain't about me and believe it or not the military don't have a positive effect on everyone. :thumright:
StratoTramp liked this