For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Paultheparaglider wrote:
Spooky wrote:Probably saving a few for just before half terms to impose an “alas, lockdown” :lol:

One of these?

https://www.soundinnovations.co.uk/soun ... rt-system/

First target for the intruder, the room that contains the operator and control panel.
. They can then command each class in turn to come to the killing zone.
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
You sound like you've already thought this through. :lol:

They've introduced yellow lanyards for people who "want space" at work this week

I'm going to put one on when my boss comes in.

Though seeing more of the office return. It's great. Though also being able to work from home sometimes now businesses have seen it cam work.

Almost like old normal without patronising signs every 2 metres, the only thing that is left is the painted arrows on the floor OUTSIDE. Still they were put in when we were still grasping how serious it was right at the start.

We'd been on site (in a lab) for 2 years but they are having to add all sorts of things to coax the remaining people back. I think anyone who has been on site for two years think it's all been blown out of proportion.

Most annoying thing of whole lockdown was being told we weren't distancing enough by people sat at home 9 days of 10.
No skin in the game - similar to what femme fatale said.
StratoTramp wrote:Most annoying thing of whole lockdown was being told we weren't distancing enough by people sat at home 9 days of 10.

No skin in the game ....

Old people with no job are worse by far!

So frit they want everyone else to stay home and/or be masked when the solution is for them to just stay home out of the way. 8)
StratoTramp wrote:..
They've introduced yellow lanyards for people who "want space" at work this week

My last employer had something like this, long before Covid, when we were all perforce moved into an 'open plan' workspace. ISTR it consisted of a sign one put on the desk edge which indicated to casual passers by or deliberate approachers that one was engaged in something important and cerebral which any interruption would disrupt. People readily accepted and respected them. For many people's work there for much of their time this was a very reasonable request, whereas for others or at other times human interaction was welcome and useful.

[btw: back from a week away from the keyboard. Much of the Covid news from the rest of the world, as fars I've been able to see from news sites monitored on the tablet on my travels, has been 'more of the same'; so I shall probably drop my previous 'overseas forays' unless I spot something 'important and surprising' which might not have been noticed by Forumites who are less 'news junkies' than I am :oops: ]
StratoTramp liked this
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I think this is a good idea. They had hi-viz jackets for nurses in a hospital in America that they could put on when they were doing critical things like measuring drug doses. Cut the accidental doses completely over night. There are certainly some times where focus is critical.

I need to read the books, Deep Work and Indestractable again.
TravellerBob wrote:
kanga wrote:... I shall probably drop my previous 'overseas forays'

Is it because overseas are now doing so much worse than England? [/cynic] :P

<non-cynic> no. It's because the local Covid situation for my globally scattered kin was (and remains) of interest to me, but each of their locations seems to have settled into a pattern which has become locally predictable given how and when their infection, precautions, and vaccination started, and their local systems of 'governance' and 'compliance' </>
kanga wrote:...each of their locations seems to have settled into a pattern which has become locally predictable given how and when their infection, precautions, and vaccination started, and their local systems of 'governance' and 'compliance' </>

Canada's pattern being to have an inconclusive snap election, and Australia's being to shoot anyone who ventures outdoors for more than 3 minutes who isn't in jackboots and SWAT gear.

Hope your kin are all well. :thumleft:
flybymike liked this