For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
From yesterday's anti-vacs protest in London:

Kate Shemirani, who was struck off by the Nursing and Midwifery Council last month for spreading Covid misinformation, said: “Get their names. Email them to me. With a group of lawyers, we are collecting all that. At the Nuremburg Trials the doctors and nurses stood trial and they hung. If you are a doctor or a nurse, now is the time to get off that bus... and stand with us the people."

Lovely innit.
Rob P, MikeB liked this
At the Nuremburg Trials the doctors and nurses stood trial and they hung. If you are a doctor or a nurse, now is the time to get off that bus... and stand with us the people."

The Doctors Trial at Nurenburg considered the fate of twenty-three German physicians who either participated in the Nazi program to euthanize persons deemed "unworthy of life" (the mentally ill, mentally retarded, or physically disabled) or who conducted experiments on concentration camp prisoners without their consent. The Doctors Trial lasted 140 days. Eighty-five witnesses testified and almost 1,500 documents were introduced. Sixteen of the doctors charged were found guilty. Seven were executed.

Something I didn't know, but rather hoped was the case

Rob P
By Flyin'Dutch'
@Rob P

Call me what you like but I am not particularly enamoured by a statement suggesting that compares clinicians who working working to fix folks in the pandemic with the those committing atrocities in Nazi-Germany.

Your post seems to suggest that you agree with Shemirani. I'd like to think you don't.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Your post seems to suggest that you agree with Shemirani. I'd like to think you don't.

Definitely not. Shemirani's stuff is so ludicrous that I assumed readers of my post would be able to appreciate the difference. If that was not clear I apologise fully and without reservation.

Twas just an interesting byway that I wandered down. Sorry.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Youtube 'influencers' approached to spread misleading anti-Pfizer stories; most refuse and expose the approach. Agency part-owned by Russian company (and now closed by UK partner; alleged 'client' not yet identified:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-57928647

To some of us old Cold Warriors, this will not have been surprising :roll:
Lockdown protesters at Welsh FM's home:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57963035

.. and in Belfast and Dublin, including outright 'anti-vaxxers':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57957405
Deaths: Australian woman in 30s with no pre-existing conditions:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-25/ ... /100321564

.. and LA man in 30s who had publicly mocked the virus and the vaccines:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-57958358
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
eltonioni wrote:Image

In both previous waves the number of patients in hospitals started to decline before the peak of new cases had happened.

The graph title is a bit bodged and unclear but it shows cases reducing as hospitalisations increase. Hopefully, that will continue, with the lag kicking in soon and beds emptying.

So far, the nightclub queues, pub restrictions ending, ending of compulsory masks, (etc) a week ago don't seem to be translating into increased infections. Quite the opposite.

Oh, and WB :thumleft:
eltonioni wrote:So far, the nightclub queues, pub restrictions ending, ending of compulsory masks, (etc) a week ago don't seem to be translating into increased infections. Quite the opposite.

Of course, that also coincided with the end of term and, therefore, the end of all the tests at school of asymptomatic pupils who will now not show as cases at all.
By johnm
The lag is around 2 weeks typically, so this week is the one to watch and @JAFO highlights another important point. Although many folk round here are being reasonably sensible we are seeing many more larger scale social events outdoors with limited precautions (I've attended 2 myself so far) so we're about to learn what "living with Covid " might look like.....
Last edited by johnm on Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
JAFO liked this
JAFO wrote:
eltonioni wrote:So far, the nightclub queues, pub restrictions ending, ending of compulsory masks, (etc) a week ago don't seem to be translating into increased infections. Quite the opposite.

Of course, that also coincided with the end of term and, therefore, the end of all the tests at school of asymptomatic pupils who will now not show as cases at all.

They started going down the week before.

@johnm This is the 2nd week.
By PeteSpencer
I'm waiting for two weeks after this weekend's 40,000 (all vaccinated/negative tested) :wink: attendees at Latitude at Henham Hall get home.

That should confirm or deny the common sense in the government's 'Mass Event' pilot schemes....