For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Paultheparaglider wrote:
We must know enough about it by now to write a book on it.

A great deal has already been written but there's still a great deal to learn and to write about.....
johnm wrote:Can’t @kanga help:-)

at our centre in Cheltenham, there are walk-ins only for 1st and 2nd Pfizers, which tends to mean youngsters or those new to the area. Boosters and 'flus are only by appointment on invitation to their registered patients from the GPs of which a consortium cooperate to organise and staff it (doctor and nurse jabbers, admin record-keeping staff, volunteer marshals)
Flyingfemme wrote:Now that I am 28 days from a positive test, I am eligible to book a booster. Bookable destinations are all half an hour away and walkin clinics even further!

Might be worth calling your GP, a friend did and was able to get one at his local surgery. NHS site options were 15 miles away.
By Plan_B
Flyingfemme wrote:Now that I am 28 days from a positive test, I am eligible to book a booster. Bookable destinations are all half an hour away and walkin clinics even further!

My 2nd was an hour and a half drive each way … GP didn’t want to know. NHS is brilliant. Not. :roll:
low&slow wrote:
Flyingfemme wrote:I had my first two at "Kanga's" site by invitation from the GP. And my flu shot. Nothing for the booster so far. Calling the GP means a very long hold.............may be bored enough to do it sometime.

Have you tried making your own booking?

Many times. But I am loath to drive half an hour each way when there is a perfectly good location 5 minutes walk from home - that doesn’t figure on the NHS website. Today’s “nearest” walkin centre was in Oxford.
By johnm
@Flyingfemme in our case the booster pattern was similar to the original 2 jabs and very much as you describe so you may get a booster call , it should be a little more than 6 months after jab 2