For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
Spooky wrote:Be thankful that the filthy unvaccinated staff don’t feel the same towards the patients with vaccine complications :thumleft:

Have you got the figures of people suffering from complications of the vaccine requiring treatment or admission?

My wife’s treated enough to know it’s an issue.
In Australia, it's all gone a bit Judge Dredd :shock:

Police in Melbourne fired pepper balls and rubber pellets on Tuesday to disperse about 2,000 protesters who defied stay-at- home orders to damage property, block a busy freeway and injure three officers, leading to more than 60 arrests.

It was the second day of demonstrations in the locked-down Australian city after authorities shut construction sites for two weeks, saying workers' frequent movement was spreading the coronavirus.

During eight hours of downtown protests, demonstrators threw rocks, bottles and flares at police, as television and social media showed video of marchers chanting and attacking police cars, surrounded by mounted police and officers in riot gear.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-cup/2 ... 9-protest/

I'm not aware of any unusual hotspots on UK construction sites, which by and large kept running throughout lockdowns.
StratoTramp liked this
Can someone explain what I've missed?

It seems that the world is returning to normal, people are travelling and going back to work and school. Lots of events have restarted. Face coverings are no longer mandatory in many parts of the UK. It appears that we are all very optimistic about things. That's lovely, but why?

There are six times the number of daily positive tests that there were a year ago (admittedly with four times the number of tests being carried out); daily admissions to hospitals are three times what they were; there are almost five times the number of people in hospital; more than five times the number on mechanical ventilators and six times the number of daily deaths (almost exactly in line with the number of positive tests).

Clearly there is still a very firm link between positive tests and deaths, both are six times higher than this time last year.

Is it simply that we believe that the vaccinated are much less likely to appear in the above statistics?
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@JAFO Good question and I think the answer is that many people have now settled into the view that Covid is normal and that vaccination will keep it at manageable levels. This level of complacency is not without its dangers. If folk start travelling widely again the risk of a vaccine proof variant will increase.

I am pleased to say that caution is still the watchword around these parts and most restaurants, shops etc are still using masks and Mrsjohnm is back at choir, but only because they all do a LFT before the event. Other meetings are beginning to resume (e.g. Probus) but with some care......

The lack of peak load capacity in the NHS is still an issue and I was more than usually disgusted to find that the Daily Rags are pursuing GPs to do more face to face. I haven't seen my GP in yonks as we find it easier to do stuff by txt and email.
By stevelup
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That's nice for you. Our GP is totally uncontactable.

You can't book appointments in advance and the only way of getting one is to use their triage line which is permanently engaged and then when you eventually get through, you're told all the slots are gone and you can either try the next session, go to a pharmacy, or call 111.

It's an absolute disgrace.
TravellerBob, flybymike, Flyingfemme and 2 others liked this
johnm wrote:…I was more than usually disgusted to find that the Daily Rags are pursuing GPs to do more face to face. I haven't seen my GP in yonks as we find it easier to do stuff by txt and email.

That’s all very well for you John, however spare a thought for those desperately in need of seeing a doctor. I’ve been disgusted by the other side of that coin and be in no doubt that it’s proper disgust and not some throwaway remark for a forum based on my own personal need. :evil:
TravellerBob, mick w, flybymike and 1 others liked this
JAFO wrote:Can someone explain what I've missed?
<snippity-snip-snip-snip>
Is it simply that we believe that the vaccinated are much less likely to appear in the above statistics?

Yes.

We are stuffed if that isn't the case.