For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
MikeE wrote:
malcolmfrost wrote:Morocco have just banned flights to/from UK due to high case rate.
We're sleepwalking to another crisis.

And flights to and from Germany and the Netherlands it seems

Regards

Mike

Seems odd until you look at the numbers and half terms in cold countries coming up....
By Flyin'Dutch'
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
We managed to get people to wear seatbelts, stop drink driving and reduced smoking a lot because they were introduced with some supporting legislation but without banning them or forcing other stuff upon people.

No doubt the same can and will happen with the C19 vaccination.

Making access to healthcare dependent on behaviour would be a slippery slope. Think we have been here before on this thread, if not its predecessor.
flybymike liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
stevelup wrote:I wasn't being entirely serious. It must be really frustrating though for the staff treating these avoidable illnesses...

Oh yes.

My MO with the non-vaccinated has changed now that getting vaccinated or not has become a personal choice; those who aren't get asked by me why, with an explanation that it is only the non-vaccinated who get admitted and die in Mrs FD's hospital, often after several weeks of misery, followed by the invitation to make an appointment for a jab on the way out.

Those who call in with sniffles/flu like illness get asked whether they have been vaccinated - if not they need to stay in their cars in the car park and will get assessed by me first and if there is a clinical indication they get seen in a special room for those suspected infected with C19 and have a PCR test done, told to isolate at home until the result is back (usually same evening)

I am not going to expose my other patients and staff unnecessary to an infection.

I know the above is not perfect, as clearly even vaccinated people can get infected and be infectious but for now it is working fine; there are maybe others around who are less 'tight'; they are welcome to their practise.
kanga, johnm, Paultheparaglider and 2 others liked this
I saw some one yesterday in clinic who claimed he was exempt from wearing a mask. No history of respiratory problems or other rationale for not wearing one.
He had not had the vaccine as he didn’t think it was proven safe.

I was seeing him because of the problems he’d had through using illicit drugs, of unknown provenance and proven adverse effects on physical and mental health

It is another example of non-compliance as rebellion and a struggle for self empowerment.. So sad.

I may refuse to see him in future as he poses a risk to my well being. There are limits to my sense of duty.

Similar folk, my colleagues tell me, present in A&E with breathing problems due to Covid and get admitted.

5 million UK citizens have not been vaccinated against Covid today’s briefing confirmed.

WTFFlaming F?.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
stevelup wrote:It really is a shame ‘vaccine passports’ didn’t take off.

Perhaps if these muppets were not allowed in the pub or the supermarket they might think twice….

That's the experience here, and as I understand it, in France.

Not in Spain, where I am at the moment. No vaccine passport. Masks only when moving around indoors. Much lower rate than Germany or France.

Vaccine passports are a solution looking for a problem, favoured by people who just like controlling other people.
Robin500, flybymike liked this
Jim Jones wrote:I may refuse to see him in future as he poses a risk to my well being. There are limits to my sense of duty.

There are a lot of unsung heroes that don't attract the same attention as do those in the NHS. As a society, we owe you all a great debt, and it is indeed a shame that so many people aren't prepared to accept the very minimal risks of the vaccine or the trivial inconvenience of masks as the net effect is that people like you, Jim, face greater risks than should be the case if we all just did our bit.

I suspect the limits to your sense of duty will exceed your own expectations. We are fortunate that there are many more just like you.

Kudos from me.
johnm, JAFO, Cessna571 and 3 others liked this
By johnm
Heading to Alderney tomorrow and mrsjohnm has choir tonight so the two of us have just done LFT and both negative thankfully. Will carry on with the masks and caution......
kanga liked this
Jim may well decide to vote with his feet, that is, or at least should be, his perfect right.

That's not to be conflated with Jim's right to administer vaccines against someone's wishes or for the state to mandate such.

Vaccine passports are an utter nonsense in a country where Covid "victims" are inevitably people who are waiting for something or other to come along and finish them off, but especially so when that country's health service has only managed to give the Covid booster to a quarter of care home residents and 14% of those who care for them.

Apparently, some people still want to vaccinate children. Mind boggled at how their minds prioritise things.
flybymike liked this
Paultheparaglider wrote:
Jim Jones wrote:I may refuse to see him in future as he poses a risk to my well being. There are limits to my sense of duty.

There are a lot of unsung heroes that don't attract the same attention as do those in the NHS. As a society, we owe you all a great debt, and it is indeed a shame that so many people aren't prepared to accept the very minimal risks of the vaccine or the trivial inconvenience of masks as the net effect is that people like you, Jim, face greater risks than should be the case if we all just did our bit.

I suspect the limits to your sense of duty will exceed your own expectations. We are fortunate that there are many more just like you.

Kudos from me.

My sister is a nurse on a covid ward.

I find her sense of selflessness amazing, if anyone believes it’s just killing old people who would be dying shortly anyway, they’re quite, quite wrong.

I’ve discussed with her the treatment of non vaccinated people and all I can say is that she is definitely a better person than I am.

I am pro choice, and so are they.
The only thing that irks me is they get the choice to not have it, I don’t get the choice to not sit in a pub with them.
Paultheparaglider, MikeE, johnm and 2 others liked this
@Jim Jones can you not agree to see him, through a closed window, if he sits outside?

@Cessna571 an article in today’s Torygraph (thank you @PeteSpencer ) shows death figures of double vaxxedpeople with an average age of 85 and 5 serious illnesses. Unvaxxed at 76 and 4 illnesses. Who to believe?
By johnm
Pro choice is utter nonsense in this context. As we have noted before no man is an island and your choice is not permitted to bugger things up for me :twisted:

The quid pro quo is (or should be) that if by doing the community thing you suffer, then it behoves the community to mitigate that suffering as far as humanly possible irrespective of cost.
kanga liked this