For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
eltonioni wrote:Big party on Saturday and am expecting to catch the lurgy for a second time and out of the way for Christmas.

Life will go on for most of us.

I assume those attending will travel to and from this event in sealed containers and not meet any of those who are not "most of us" for 10 days afterwards.
@Jim Jones probably travelling to/from in a sealed container but the medical centre will be closed on Monday if they don't turn up, so probably not the last thing.

Let's see what the weekly Covid tests show up. Exciting times eh?! !
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
World's least exciting lottery.

@eltonioni
Let us know.

A. Did you get covid?
B. Did you actually feel anything if so?

Tempted to start testing again. For my own data. Just so I know how it feels these days post vacinne :lol:

About as exciting as these press conferences have we got another one tonight? Shilling self interested media says so.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eltonioni liked this
By StratoTramp
We need to get out of this.

Hospitalisations 1000 a day... On what... forecasting like last time which was a zillion times over estimated from professor pants down. Why is he still being interviewed.

What I really hate is "unnamed source" claims. The BBC will report this..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59579077

Then the guardian will report on the BBC story adding a bit more. Then the DM will add a bit more.

Cue circular DOOM jerk off reporting on non-story.

Looks like I'm never voting again. :lol: spose they don't care as its a safe seat. Maybe I'll start shilling for PR.
First near neighbour death very recently; quite elderly and quite possibly comorbid, but until struck quite sprightly and lively. :(

She had been ultra-cautious, vitually a recluse during lockdowns, and since always masked when out. Double-jabbed and boostered, I assume. However, she had recently resumed catching (usually very empty near us, but possibly filling later en route) 'bus into town once a week.

Just an anecdote; I draw no epidemiological conclusions. :?
By StratoTramp
Sorry if this is a bit unkind, but last I heard average age of death 83.4 how about we start looking out for the children / youth? (OMG think of the children).

Haven't harped on about for a while but a directs daughter has been sectioned. She is repeatedly O/Ding and has just been sectioned for cutting herself from ear to ear. Largely as a result of the initial lockdown.

I am assuming but probably all the climate BS of the world ending in 12 years is also having an effect plus telling them they are all born racist. All these modern day insanities / gaslighting. Ok this is a singular point of data but there are Multiple reports about how anxious the young are these days, mostly as a result of social media.

In a pandemic maybe we should be more accepting of old / unhealthy people dying and not applying every measure under the sun to stop it. Death is a fact of life. Embrace it. 83.4 is also flipping ages historically where people used to die at 35-40.

I think ultimately it comes back to resilience. We are training a generation of simps from our own over the top behaviour. It is only going to get worse...

...Until China or Russia invade and put us in our place. Survival is tough. There is no right to live. Look at all the BS from the foreign office with Afghanistan (so detached from real life - work life balance whilst others are dying and being tortured). We will be put in our place sooner or later if we don't step up. We are still cashing in on our ancestors it is unsustainable.

Its a bit like fashion or the rat race. It exists. It doesn't care if you worry about it or not. Don't come crying when you are passed over for promotion for WFH or worse when you are in the gulag or the camp with the Uyghurs.

Maybe it is easy for me to say this as all of my grandparents are dead, but it's a commonly accepted trope that you save young over old.

Edit:

Just read about the press conference Bojo is such a coward. Information work is ok, but ultimately all that matters is produced stuff. You can't eat IT. Two tier society is ok until they stop working for you whilst you WFH. Eat your keyboads & skype.

If it's so dangerous am I going to get danger money for having to go in and exposing myself to the 'deadly' omicron variant?

Also Whitty "big issue" 121 people dying s day from covid. Get a grip it's out of 67 million.

This is totally insane.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By skydriller
A bit of a rant there from @StratoTramp , but I think he has a point. Everyone dies eventually, its just a game of chance as to the cause. It seems pretty obvious to me that we are going to be offered modified Covid jabs in the same way as modified flu jabs pretty much every year.

Regards, SD..
StratoTramp liked this
By StratoTramp
Yeah sorry I do go off on one. But I am so unsatisfied with the current way of thinking.

We need to embrace life... & death.

There are worse things than death. For some people it can be a release, just look at Terry Prachett etc.

I think 1/5 of the time I would happily experience nothing and just disappear :lol: though I think all the modern gaslighting plays a large part (escape the insanity). The world has gone insane.

This is worrying as I'm quite young. Maybe Im falling into the nihilism trap laid by all these bs policies leading to a limited life for safety.

Live do not just exist.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By StratoTramp
The problem with anything is once you create an industry around something it struggles to maintain/sustain itself.

We have to protect unnecessary covid jobs now and their agenda..

This is ok apart from the massive testing con.

A place for the terminally unemployable. Much like the DVLA or foreign office as it turns out.
In any situation other than covid the NHS measures years of life cut short. Why the volte-face for covid? It is not pleasant to contemplate the demise of the older generation but keeping people alive forever, simply because you can, is not always the “right” thing.