For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
“I'm being deliberately antagonistic. I think 97% was the worst estimate. 99% survivability was the best”

“I think” - the death knell of anyone who neither understands nor respects scientific method.

:roll:

121.7% of all internet statistics are made up….
By StratoTramp
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
It was 97 survivability as we went into it, approaching 99% once vacinated as a population. 1-3% is a terrible toll yes but hardly an extinction level event.

but we shouln't get all "THE SCIENCE" as it's a cult.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By johnm
The Southwest now has the highest case rate in the UK thanks to a lab in Wolverhampton managing to provide 43,000 false negative PCR results. Thus reassured 43,000 people went around spreading for a month :roll:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By StratoTramp
sure this has been said before but cases don't mean anything deaths or serious illness do.

Take my 4x infected Direct with no consequence. He didn't feel ill at all but it was picked up by his wife who works for the NHS (who didn't feel ill either!) But has to test twice a week which is how they knew.

Edited: I am being an idiot, please see quotes for evidence.

He is only person who has had to isolate 4x over the past 2 years.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
StratoTramp wrote:It was 97 survivability as we went into it, approaching 99% once vacinated as a population. 1-3% is a terrible toll yes but hardly an extinction level event.

but we shouln't get all "THE SCIENCE" as it's a cult.

Sure - but maybe we should get all THE STATISTICS and THEIR SOURCES when we start throwing numbers about?

The probability that I’m wrong about stats on Covid is, I’d say, in the 6th percentile. At least I’m honest enough to say that!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
StratoTramp wrote:sure this has been said before but cases don't mean anything deaths or serious illness do.

Take my 4x infected Direct with no consequence. He didn't feel ill at all but it was picked up by his wife who works for the NHS (who didn't feel ill either!) But has to test twice a week.

Because some government **** has made a deal buying a load of tests to line his own pocket.

You test you find. Imagine if we tested for the common cold. We'd find it everywhere.

The only person who has had to isolate 4x over the past 2 years - is my NHS wedded direct. Nobody else. What does this say. Nobody else getting symptoms. Nobody else feeling like they need to test.

Breaking news!! Random dude on social media says there is no covid its all a made up scenario :roll:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By johnm
Statistics need to be treated with care and in particular the way they relate to each other is crucial.

Cases are of interest, when related to testing rates, hospital admissions, deaths and vaccination rates, because clever folk then use that data to model scenarios which in turn helps with risk and resource management.

Ill informed prejudice and the experience of a couple of blokes in a pub are of no interest or use at all.
By StratoTramp
Oh we had symptoms in Feb 19! Felt like my throat was stuck together and peeling apart, worst thing ever at the time other than flu. Just saying since.

Plus 19 year old with pneumonia in feb. p
Pretty uncommon for that age! But we've been vacinated since. Right at the time each of my team went off one after the other. Never seen that before. But understandable if Xi had been lying since September.

The direct who I made isolate for 10 days had no symptoms.

It's just where do we draw the line. Technically with the current rules I didn't even need to keep him WFH.
Last edited by StratoTramp on Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:18 am, edited 3 times in total.