For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Propwash wrote:So it now appears that the money we paid for LFT kits to be used and uploaded on day 2 of our return to the UK, and sitting in my study at home, was money down the drain because we will now be required to take PCR tests instead and self isolate until we have the results. :roll:

It looks like Monday will be given over to trying to arrange for those ( hopefully from the same provider that supplied the LFT kits to make life a bit easier) because we need the reference numbers for the UK locator forms without which being uploaded to the airline we cannot fly home. The days when flying abroad used to be fun are fading slowly from memory. :(

Ho hum. And it rained today. :evil:

PW

It was a nice full rainbow though. :D

The test thing is irritating, especially as you'd already ordered the LFT. We'd not planned to order tests until Monday/Tuesday as Randox were pretty good at getting them into the letterbox just before we arrived home in October. Am I understanding correctly in that it's house arrest until the results are returned?
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:A aright royal pain, sorry you got snared into that one.. :(

Is that PCR requirement only for people from red areas as now SA has been redefined or any origin?

Watching the PM announcement at the press conference it seemed to cover all arrivals into the UK regardless of origin. I am not really complaining as I accepted that there was, as I posted earlier, an element of risk involved in overseas travel and decided to take it. A bit miffed about the waste of money because I am a tight git :wink: A bigger gripe is the complexities involved in trying to comply with the bureaucracy while away, but that’s life.

@eltonioni It was a nice rainbow this evening, but the shower started just as my BBQ was building up to cook. Can’t complain too much after seeing the news from the UK following Storm Arwen.

PW
There is some good news though:

We had planned to go out to buy fresh food, - milk, bread, eggs etc the day after we arrived home but the 2 day quarantine until test results would have stopped that. Amazingly we have secured a home delivery slot on that day instead when normally they are booked up for at least 2 weeks in advance. At least that is something. :thumleft:

PW
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Propwash wrote: @eltonioni It was a nice rainbow this evening, but the shower started just as my BBQ was building up to cook. Can’t complain too much after seeing the news from the UK following Storm Arwen.

PW
A photo from home today. Might find an excuse to move the flights back a few days. :lol:

Out of interest, just what happens if you don't submit a test within 48 hours of return to the UK? Who is going to enforce it, how and under what laws? And what is the penalty for not bothering apart from very dirty looks from forumites?
Paultheparaglider liked this
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Daughter a teacher with small school children SiL medic in minor injuries unit son classical musicians agent. All take the view that “plan B plus “ while we assess is the best way to proceed.
By AndyR
Why are people paying for LFTs?

Or have I missed something?
I’ve lost count of how many I’ve done, we have to do them before commencing each shift at work. But I’ve never paid for them, just ordered another box every week or so.
johnm liked this
AndyR wrote:Why are people paying for LFTs?

I’ve lost count of how many I’ve done, we have to do them before commencing each shift at work. But I’ve never paid for them, just ordered another box every week or so.

Cant use the free ones for travel purposes , you have to have a paid for one , just one of the twisted rules imposed
Flyin'Dutch', AndyR liked this
Keveng wrote:
AndyR wrote:Why are people paying for LFTs?

Cant use the free ones for travel purposes , you have to have a paid for one , just one of the twisted rules imposed

Why should I, as a taxpayer pay for something you need to go on holiday? I don't pay for your passport :D
JAFO, A4 Pacific liked this
By GrahamB
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:You need to have a test kit number from the supplier and put that on your passenger locator form.

When we booked PCRs for our return from France, it was the Booking Ref that was entered on the PLF, not the test kit number.