For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
He did also say though that you shouldn't wait for that, we got a test at our local drive in centre at 11am! Unfortunately we've seen quite a few people in the last 8 days but we had complied with all the previous requirements, PLF and an LF test on day 2 so our conscience is relatively clean. When you start thinking about it, T&T is almost impossible, we have seen dozens of people, if each of them has done the same it rapidly becomes impossible. So get jabbed!
MikeB liked this
malcolmfrost wrote:He did also say though that you shouldn't wait for that, we got a test at our local drive in centre at 11am! Unfortunately we've seen quite a few people in the last 8 days but we had complied with all the previous requirements, PLF and an LF test on day 2 so our conscience is relatively clean. When you start thinking about it, T&T is almost impossible, we have seen dozens of people, if each of them has done the same it rapidly becomes impossible. So get jabbed!

There are 76 reported cases none from Cape Town so im guessing the risk is really low :)
The only surprise is that people are surprised that another major variety is doing the rounds as the virus carries on mutating itself into irrelevance.

By 2024 Yakult will be putting the latest Covid 19 into teeny tiny pots of yoghurt and selling it in Waitrose.

/famouslastwords
What’s all this I hear about post vac heart failures - our local rag which normally has three, maybe four obituaries, has fourteen this week - the highest ever. I must say that I’ve had dull pains and tightness around the chest since a week after my booster. My brother and his wife in Southampton had theirs about the same as me and they both died of heart failure within three weeks of each other.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
There have been reports of Myocarditis and Pericarditis after mRNA COVID-19 Vaccination which is the Pfizer and Moderna .

They are very rare indeed and respond to treatment in most cases

Haven’t seen anything on AZ or anything on actual heart failure
By Flyin'Dutch'
Bill you are clearly having a rough time, my condolences.

There is evidence that the Moderna vaccine, in young men (sub 30) can cause a condition called myocarditis which is an inflammation of the heart muscle.

No such reports in older people.

In the vast majority of people affected it is a short course which resolves quickly.

More here:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... ditis.html
Seems to be Pfizer (possibly) causing or exposing the heart issues. Wife has seen multiple patients in the Emergency Department shortly after they’ve had their Pfizer jabs (heart attacks and strokes among other things) however they’re generally male and under 40. She’s only seen the one death in a chap who was 19 (roughly 5 hours after his vaccine). She doesn’t know much about the outcomes for the others as they get taken off to the wards.

She didn’t see any post-AZ issues (apart from an odd period early on in the vaccine program when patients were testing positive for covid 48hours later and very ill with it), although this could be because they were quickly stopped for the younger population.

Does the obituary section mention the ages of those dying from heart attacks?
By flybymike
Bill McCarthy wrote:What’s all this I hear about post vac heart failures - our local rag which normally has three, maybe four obituaries, has fourteen this week - the highest ever. I must say that I’ve had dull pains and tightness around the chest since a week after my booster. My brother and his wife in Southampton had theirs about the same as me and they both died of heart failure within three weeks of each other.

Make of this what you will.

By Flyin'Dutch'
Non-peer reviewed article written by someone who's website is a 'healthy food' online grocery store.

The 'study' compares the vaccinated group not with a group of unvaccinated controls but with itself and to find risk a risk increase in ACS/Cardiac events in a group of patients is not that surprising when you take patients from the population of a cardiology clinic. Without cardiac issues you are not going to get into a cardiology clinic.

Shoddy 'research' presented by a nurse lecturer with a doctorate in philosophy who is clearly behind the times in clinical practise vis-a-vis his hang up about withdrawing before injecting.

That practise went out ages ago.

It is easy to do a bit of a reality check on these kind of videos.

1. The first groups of people vaccinated where the elderly and this with risk factors - the latter are coronary heart disease, and conditions which are causing heart disease, and literally millions of those have been vaccinated.
2. These groups are on the cusp of having cardiac events due to the above; both the mere age and the morbidity are responsible for that.
3. Despite these risk factors and the alleged injection induced risk there has not been a wave of folks hogging beds in cardiac and ITU units - we would have read about it.
4. Ergo - it doesn't happen as described here.
nallen, MikeB, T6Harvard and 4 others liked this