For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
I had to use my sealant kit the other day as I picked up some nails in my tyre - ironically on the way to garage for a service. Needless to say the gunk was completely ineffective and I had to get recovery out anyway.

Now my lease is coming to an end and so I will need to return the car with all the bits intact. The dealer want to charge me £74 for a replacement bottle of sealant (200ml!) so I’m wondering if anyone has any idea where I can pick up the right thing without the premium... it’s a bottle which clips in to the the mini air compressor that is supplied (don’t have a pic to hand, but could post one later).

My initial thoughts are that if I can’t get a like for like bottle at a sensible price, if my replacement car comes with the same bottle to just put that in and worry about a replacement later or just unscrew the top and re-fill from a generic brand if it hasn’t all set inside too much.
My two cars have different gunk with different sized bottles / adapters, with the last one I used in a use once bottle that needed piercd to use. As an aside, the gunk had an expiration date and didn't work.
I got a aerosol can of tyre weld - worked perfectly to get me to a garage on a nice cut to the side wall.

Does the old bottle have contents info?
It’s a Hyundai/Kia brand made by Dunlop with part number 523932-A2000, although the later version is 523932-1R000 I believe. It’s only 200ml so I was pretty shocked by the £74 price tag!

Edit: I might just buy the whole bundle off eBay for £50 less...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/114288710196
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163973411195
Ah, TyreWeld, the stuff that;

got me through the last hour of an off road motorcycle endurance race many moons ago,

Also drove 70 miles home on the stuff one dark and rainy night.

Now carry it in the sports car that did have a spacesaver, but the only place big enough to carry a removed wheel, is on the passenger seat!

I guess I'm a fan!
riverrock liked this
Just get one that has the same volume and same mechanical size / connection surely.

There is no way on earth they can mandate that this must be a Hyundai part. Less than £30 on Amazon.

That Hyundai part looks like it's just the ResQ system rebadged.

-edit- Actually, no, looks subtly different.

Your idea of buying that complete thing off eBay seems best!
Sooty25 wrote:Ah, TyreWeld...

I guess I'm a fan!

Me too.

It sorts those annoying very slow leaks that you can't be ars... bothered to take to the tyre bay to be told it is unrepairable and would you like a nice new ContiSport at £150?

Rob P
JonathanB wrote:Now my lease is coming to an end and so I will need to return the car with all the bits intact. The dealer want to charge me £74 for a replacement bottle of sealant (200ml!) s

74 quid is probably a bargain compared to what the lease company will charge when it is not in order. Cut your losses and save time.