For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By flybymike
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
The wheelchair/mobility scooter thing doesn't follow as they have exclusive use of their seating facilities and aren't sharing them with other people.

But for the most part they are just sitting on their *rses and not exercising.
Should they even therefore be allowed out, and if so, why can’t everyone else who needs a rest be permitted to have one as well?
(Provided of course that we introduce advice to keep hands in pockets and a good eye out for jelly like substances.)
Last edited by flybymike on Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By flybymike
Protests should be reserved for when this whole Covid thing is over. To gather when there's a pandemic is stupidity itself.

I think it’s highly debatable that whether and when we are allowed to protest is at the sole discretion of parliamentary decision.
And even “parliamentary decision” is a matter of debate with current government largely by decree rather than debate.
By Paul_Sengupta
The only time I've been out since Christmas day was one visit to Tesco...

I would go out for a walk for exercise but why change a habit of a lifetime? :D Besides, it's cold and/or wet out there.

PBS America currently has a programme on about the 1918 pandemic.
JAFO liked this
By MachFlyer
flybymike wrote:
The wheelchair/mobility scooter thing doesn't follow as they have exclusive use of their seating facilities and aren't sharing them with other people.

But for the most part they are just sitting on their *rses and not exercising.
Should they even therefore be allowed out, and if so, why can’t everyone else who needs a rest be permitted to have one as well?
(Provided of course that we introduce advice to keep hands in pockets and a good eye out for jelly like substances.)

As someone who has had to make use of said mobility scooter in the last couple of months I can confirm that my “walks” are very much exercise even if said exercise is different than many other Peoples’s :lol:
flybymike liked this
Flyingfemme wrote:FFS We'll all just slit our wrists now, shall we? Quietly, at home.

It would be helpful to the national effort if you avoid doing it within 28 days of a positive Covid test. Thanks for your consideration. :|
flybymike, Charles Hunt, Flyingfemme and 1 others liked this
By PeteSpencer
flybymike wrote:
Have they dropped the notion that Covid can survive for a variable periods (supposedly up to 72 hours) on certain hard/inanimate surfaces?

Better tape off all the door handles, railings, bollards, lamp posts, shop counters and any other hard surface a hapless victim might come into contact with.
Me, I can sit on a park bench wiv me hands in me pockets, and spot a good flob from a mile away. :!:

Don'tcha just love reductio ad absurdum!

I keep a small bottle of sanitiser in my pocket and use it frequently......... :wink:

Not that I go out any more:

Woundn't it be ironic (Apols to Alanis Morissette) to get Covid and croak, just a few weeks before vaccination was due>
By PeteSpencer
Just seen that our quiet E Anglian market town is on the Post Office national list of ‘no mail delivery’ due to shortage of staff.

Wondered why I hadn’t seen our postie for a week .

How am I gonna get my vaccination invitation? :lol:
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Apparently 7 miles is a different distance in various locations in the UK; I have heard of a country mile but not a London one.

The measured difference is surely the same, however the relevance varies significantly. What's available within a mile radius in London may not be available within a 20 mile radius elsewhere.:wink:

Matters not to me at the present time. Having headed out to do some chores (all within a 70 mile round trip :wink: ) we managed to get 400m before deciding the risk of crossing the ice on the road was too high. Instead I went for a 3 mile walk. On the way back I had my decision verified.

Down side is that's the road blocked for the next 4/5/6 hrs. So any further outing will have to be by foot. :(

flybymike, mick w liked this
PeteSpencer wrote: Wondered why I hadn’t seen our postie for a week .

How am I gonna get my vaccination invitation? :lol:

Same way as my mother got her appointment for a procedure at the hospital last Sunday week - arrived 8 days after the event. Happily she had phoned them a few days before and got the info. When she suggested that they could email her, rather than snailmail, she was told that they didn't think she would "do" email (being in her 80s) and they had already printed the letter, so would send it out.
And people wonder why the NHS is broke and wastes so many appointments..........
Miscellaneous, JAFO liked this