For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Bill McCarthy
The far north of Scotland has had very little rain in months now and there is a disaster happening right now. Rivers have dried up and salmon are held up at the coast and cannot get to the upper reaches to spawn, breaking the cycle.
By Sooty25
Charliesixtysix wrote:Unlikely E10.

Much more likely grown as feedstock for an anaerobic digester plant.

My maize crop is grown on contract as part of almost 90,000t of feedstock per annum for this plant.

https://waterprojectsonline.com/custom_ ... -bardolph/

We have maize at our strip at the moment and yes it stands 8-9 ft tall and borders one of our runways. It is grown for the local AD plant. It gets shredded as it is harvested, and taken direct to the plant 3-4 miles away.
By Rjk983
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
How on earth is it crass to be talking about where food (or is it feed?) comes from. I only resisted asking how it was going as I presumed you were too busy to update us all.

Having moved to the country 4 years ago I still have barley (see what I did there…) a clue what is going on in the fields around. So this topic was fascinating. Please continue when you have the chance.
Kittyhawk, condor17 liked this
By TheFarmer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
That’s kind of you to say - much appreciated.

Sadly, it seems that there are people out there who can’t help sticking a knife in and I can assure you I was only trying to share information that people had previously shown interest in. For every 9 who like to read it, there’s always one who likes to cause a problem.

It’s also why I stopped my thread about my aircraft rebuild project that I started back in April. It’s finished now, and awaiting paperwork, and I’m very proud of it too. I’d have loved to have shared progress pictures here, but….

Someone here who clearly had no idea about engine upgrades on Denney Kitfoxes decided very nicely to write to the LAA about something I posted (that I had done absolutely spot on, and completely in line with Kitfox instructions), and said they didn’t think it was right! The next thing I knew was a letter from the LAA about it!

A polite letter back with Kitfox build manual excerpts put that to bed.

However, it made me realise that here just isn’t the place any more to share anything in terms of project progress, whether that be crops or aircraft, and it’s gone from being a friendly place, to a bit of a dog eat dog club. :?

In case anyone is interested, here’s the final product of 20 weeks of very late nights…. 8)

Keveng, townleyc, Miscellaneous and 11 others liked this
By Rob P
TheFarmer wrote:In case anyone is interested, here’s the final product of 20 weeks of very late nights

Yea. Not bad I suppose :P :P

Rob P

Seriously I am in awe :shock:
TheFarmer liked this
By Keveng
[quote="TheFarmer"]That’s kind of you to say - much appreciated.

It’s also why I stopped my thread about my aircraft rebuild project that I started back in April. It’s finished now, and awaiting paperwork, and I’m very proud of it too. I’d have loved to have shared progress pictures here, but….

That is really lovely , looks stunning in yellow , well done .
Keven
TravellerBob liked this