For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Holy poo! That’s ‘kin gorgeous !

You have my full permission to resume publication of the full story pics and all of your latest project and I promise not to shop you to the LAA over the mis-match of the aeroplane colour with the colour of your poofy sneakers :lol:
Rjk983 liked this
By TravellerBob
Beautiful airplane, well done and congratulations. Will this replace the current "daily" or enhance the fleet?

TheFarmer wrote:However, it made me realise that here just isn’t the place any more to share anything in terms of project progress, whether that be crops or aircraft, and it’s gone from being a friendly place, to a bit of a dog eat dog club. :?

Sadly this is a very good insight. It doesn't need to be this way.
By Bill McCarthy
Heavy and continuous rain today for the first time in months. Although most have been tidied up, crops yet to be combined are now in acute danger if it continues to be mild and damp. Seed heads will start to germinate on the stalks, become unworkable and lost. Dare I say, cereal farming down south is easy ! :evil:
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
@TheFarmer I really enjoyed your farming updates -- always interesting. Hope you can ignore any gripers and find the time/motivation to write some more. Your new aircraft looks great too!
By eltonioni
Nice aeroplane. What made you choose JCB colours instead of John Deere?

As others have said, just post 'em.
TravellerBob liked this
By condor17
Farmer , that's sad on both counts , and words fail me ...

To the 'crass' on food production , I as an old 'Naarfick' Bor was mucking out Saturdays on a pig farm before 13 yrs. old. Now an old tractor driver with 50 yr wings , I clearly remember being told as young'un that wheat is the ''Staff of life'' , and the more inhabitants of these blessed isles who are reminded of that the better .
More especially in this epidemic.

She's 'Bootful Bor' and with tongue firmly in cheek , she looks more a 'Bumble Bee than Wasp or Hornet , or is she meant to be a stealth type crop sprayer ? Pollinating those pesky wheat crops .
'crass will have a field day , that is if he or she knows 'wot a field is .

PS . ''kin great Straw Rolls'' , nah ! you have to get the name correct for 'c' .. they are of course BBC , Baked Bean Cans .

HP . Not many of them in Sarf Naarfick , I went to the highest 'skool there 80' AMSL . 50 yrs ago this month was flying PFLs on a Sunday morn [ don't tell 'c' ] in a C150E [still flying ] with a family friend who was a late wartime pilot . A wheat field we both knew had an hedge around it , no fence .. thus no structure . As we passed between 2 oaks about to G/A ... there trundling out from behind the oak came a Claas combine . Don't know who was more surprised .. him or us .

Bill Mc , that's a sad tale breaking the memory cycle . Does that mean you'd have to re-introduce farmed Parr to the upper reaches to reactivate memories and get the wild salmon running again ?
Rain has bashed some hilltop 850'amsl oats this week in N Daarset. But have memories from the 70's of an Inverness night stop , seeing barley being combined in the beginning of November .

yours Aye , and doom to naysayers ,

Brgds condor .
eltonioni liked this
Putting crop into the ground next year is going to be very costly - fertilised prices have gone through the roof, rising in price by over 400%. Panic buy your bread ingredients NOW !!
xr25688 liked this
By Bill McCarthy
Gas prices indeed forced shut down - and China halted exports of potash. The government is injecting cash in order to get production started again, mainly to get supplies of CO2 going again to satisfy demand by food processing and packaging companies.