For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Miscellaneous
Any minute now someone is going to suggest having a whip round for the poor arable farmers. :lol:

On a serious note, great thread. I have a love of how things/systems/markets work.

Went to the livestock market last year and got worried when no-one would bid for particular lambs. I thought SWMBO's concern was going to result in her buying them. :shock: :lol: They eventually sold for £1 each. :shock:
TheFarmer liked this
By TheFarmer
GrahamB wrote:
TheFarmer wrote:Image

Bloody magenta line-followers.

I bet you didn’t know there was a wheat variety named after you, did you? :D

Are you early maturing too?! :D

GrahamB liked this
By kanga
TheFarmer wrote:We choose our wheat variety for its strengths in certain aspects.

The Flyer Wheat crop is a variety called Graham. It’s in the list.

Any connexion to the 'Graham Cracker', a biscuit I encountered for the first time in the US ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_cracker

</idle but persistent curiosity about eponyms>
By TheFarmer
Sadly, that looks to be the case. I had thought that the early harvest would mean there’d be a two week quiet spell in late August. That hasn’t happened. :(
By GrahamB
TheFarmer wrote:I bet you didn’t know there was a wheat variety named after you, did you? :D

Are you early maturing too?!
:lol: :lol:

Mrs GB would argue quite the opposite, I’m sure.
TheFarmer liked this
By TheFarmer
Good question.

By about a week, yes. Partly because I have so much to do this year (I’ve also been asked to do some contracting work), and partly because I don’t trust the weather.
Pete L liked this