For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Sir Morley Steven
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
I have been given some corking excuses for strange behaviour including a denial of climb to 4000ft due Covid and having to pay for everything separately due Covid.
Any good ones out there?
By skydriller
Volotea just cancelled my flights at the end of September. Oddly to Greece, which is the least affected country in the EU...
By skydriller
PS. Why is this in Airportal/ magazine?? :scratch:
By Flying_john
Telephone PPR - Due Covid

Better put a smiley face before some Snowflake takes a fence

# :D :D :D :D :D
By ChrisRowland
Covid or no phoning Shobdon for PPR means that when you arrive and call "Shobdon Information G-BHLH request join" you get "G-BHLH we have your details ...".
kanga liked this
By Spooky
I used to think things blamed on global warming were funny, Covid is hilarious and we are only a few months into the fear mongering :lol:
Iceman liked this
By Flying_john
we have your details

Making the radio almost obsolete !

Why we bother I don't know. Might as well save on the radio licence and all that expensive hardware and just do it all by telephone. Hey, come to think of it just connect the headset to the cellphone and by the magic of radio we could telephone 10 miles out and ask for PPR.

Oh hang on, thats what we do anyway on the radio :clown:
By skydriller
Just phoned 2x banks about something I cant find out about on the internet.

Both have 2 mins of auto-spiel about how "due COVID they are there to help, more than ever before, but there will be a reduced service due COVID" ... eh :scratch:
rikur_, avtur3 liked this
By Trent772
Well, we used to be able to look out of the window and say - Oooooo, I should go have a quick fly, drive to the airfield, pull your aeroplane out and fly. Now, because of alleged Covid, we have to give 24 hr PPR say this that and the other on the PPR form and get it authorised before you can attend, to fly !

But the threats are all linked to CAA and Government if you transgress.

We are not sure where these draconian threats are actually written, because other aerodromes all around the country are not affected in such a manner.

Strange carry on...... :clown:
Rob P liked this
By Flyingfemme
Hmmm......we have no CAA required notice period for flight. Maybe time to change base?
By Dave W
Flying_john wrote:Hey, come to think of it just connect the headset to the cellphone and by the magic of radio we could telephone 10 miles out and ask for PPR.

I have actually done that before now, for an impromptu visit to an airfield which was insistent that PPR by radio was absolutely unacceptable.

The joining call on frequency a minute later caused a short period of confusion. :D

Bluetooth is a wonderful thing.
Flyin'Dutch', Trent772, Red and 1 others liked this