For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Trent772
When the current Mrs T asked me what I wanted for my 60th, I said a greenhouse and a tattoo...

Well, it's taken 2 years - oh, the greenhouse is producing tomatoes, chillies, pak choi and lettuce btw - no, it's the other thing.

So on Saturday, at 1200, at House of Hoodoo in Harrogate, it will be inked !

I will follow up in due course :mrgreen:
seanxair liked this
By nallen
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Dare one ask where you are putting it...?
By Morten
Boxkite wrote:Are you sure you don't want a tattoo of Muttley? More macho.

And it's your avatar!
Surely the sniggering hound beats Milou which was named after Hergé's girlfriend?

And Muttley flies!
By skydriller
Personally I dont "get" tatoos...But I still say go for it.

I would say its better to know you want a tatoo at 60 and regret not doing it earlier, than think its cool at16 and later regret doing it... :thumleft:

Regards, SD..
By Flyingfemme
Why not? Go to a reputable artist with good hygiene practices and go for it. I wanted one for my fortieth but didn’t get it until I was almost fifty - terrified of needles. It turned out to be no problem, so I got another. Good artists can be booked up for months, or even years. Enjoy!
By Trent772
As the title says - I am of an age where I want to catch up on things I missed !

When you look at our dog, Woody, you will see why Snowy is more appropriate, I use the tag on Twatter.

It is going on the top of my arm and I will pop a snap on next week !

Get old, get crazy :pirat:
By eltonioni
When they dig your leathery carcass out of the peat bog that you stuffed into while stealing a Piper Cub aged 106, those 46th century archaeologists will determine that you were in a strange Victorian bird hunting cult and that your mysterious tattoo was probably given to you in a skygod initiation ritual.
JAFO, T6Harvard liked this
By Bill McCarthy
At a supermarket checkout, some time ago, I said to the middle aged assistant - “that’s a nasty bruise you’ve got there”. Her tattoo, obviously done ages ago, had blurred into, well, what looked like she had been smacked on the arm.
Time is not kind for tattoo wearers.
By JAFO
Propwash wrote:I'm saving my spare cash to have a microchip implant so that I can be returned home when I start to wander aimlessly in my dotage. I suppose a "scan here" with an arrow tattoo might be necessary as well.

My wife said that the only reason I ever did any work for the police was to give me a chance of the copper finding me recognising me and taking me home.
By Trent772
eltonioni wrote:When they dig your leathery carcass out of the peat bog that you stuffed into while stealing a Piper Cub aged 106, those 46th century archaeologists will determine that you were in a strange Victorian bird hunting cult and that your mysterious tattoo was probably given to you in a skygod initiation ritual.

Cub..... Cub...... :twisted:

Champ, please :pirat: :lol:
eltonioni liked this