For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
Cartridge Save show a good example of the high cost of toner.
Xerox printer cost £110 and came with 1500 page toner set.

Cartridge replacement set from Cartridge Save = £236.92 !
Last edited by Flying_john on Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It all depends.

AIO is great if you dont do a lot of scanning but if you do get a stand alone one and for that there is little that can beat the Fujitsu ScanSnap stuff.

I have bought at HP LaserJetPro MFPM281 fdw as I was sick of buying inkjet cartridges.

If you do more than a box of printing per year i.e. 2500 sheets and or have long pauses in-between printing sessions then laser is the way to go.

Laser not so good for pictures though, for school work OK but anything that needs a better result get inkjet.
cockney steve liked this
For reliable brand I go for HP My HP office jet ) fax/flatbed/slot/scanner/printer (inkjet) is 23 years old and still going strong , Also prints directly from various data cards . Obvs not wireless but I imagine its modern equivalent would be equally reliable.

I always use manufacturer’s cartridges never a malfunction.
seanxair liked this
HP deskjet 3762.
Bought yesterday, setup: plug in power cable, print instruction sheet, switch on WiFi on your router, download 123.hp.com on all your devices and off it went. Printed 80+ pages of the radio manual plus a few more things before the “setup ink” ran out!
seanxair liked this
Boxkite wrote::D
Starter ink only. Off you go to buy some HP ink that costs more than the printer.
Or you could sign up for this little trap : "2 month free trial of HP Instant Ink"

Ink was £13.50 and £14 , black and colour. Don’t sign up!
It works fine quite happy! :D
Think we are heading down the colour laserjet route and a network version of something. We do some work from home as well as the office so need some bells and whistles. Also CAT5 throughout the house so when kids grow older and work in their rooms they can send print down to it.

Have always been a HP fan (one reliable monochrome version in the office) and like the look of some of their stuff. However poor reviews on some with scans being misaligned and no real cure. That is the sort of thing that I don't tolerate very well :x

We also have an elderly Oki MC322 in the office which is ultra reliable if large and expensive to run. I have space at home for something sizeable but what I haven't decided yet :?:
seanxair wrote:Think we are heading down the colour laserjet route and a network version of something. We do some work from home as well as the office so need some bells and whistles. Also CAT5 throughout the house so when kids grow older and work in their rooms they can send print down to it.

Have always been a HP fan (one reliable monochrome version in the office) and like the look of some of their stuff. However poor reviews on some with scans being misaligned and no real cure. That is the sort of thing that I don't tolerate very well :x

We also have an elderly Oki MC322 in the office which is ultra reliable if large and expensive to run. I have space at home for something sizeable but what I haven't decided yet :?:

The one I suggested is HP and fine.
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:
seanxair wrote:Think we are heading down the colour laserjet route and a network version of something. We do some work from home as well as the office so need some bells and whistles. Also CAT5 throughout the house so when kids grow older and work in their rooms they can send print down to it.

The one I suggested is HP and fine.

Are the scanned pages straight? That is the only thing that worries me from the general reviews of that model FD. Reports of skewed images and nothing will fix the problem. We will use it for work as well so need decent quality. Popped into Currys this afternoon for a sniff around and it was like a ghost store. Empty shelves everywhere.