For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By johnm
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
A little advice that some clearly need more than others....... :roll:
Last edited by johnm on Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
PeteSpencer liked this
By johnm
I had a Google and found that Kingsman is some sort of Spythriller film????
By Rob P
If you haven't seen it you have missed a treat. Very tongue in cheek.

Rob P
By johnm
Rob P wrote:If you haven't seen it you have missed a treat. Very tongue in cheek.

Rob P

Thanks! I'll look a bit deeper though I doubt it would be MrsJohnm's cup of tea :-)

We're waiting for the socially distanced cinema to re-open. We only ever saw films at the Screening Rooms at Cheltenham where seat pairs were two metres apart to allow for the table on which your supper and wine was served :-) They closed for refurbishment and haven't yet restarted of course.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Rob P
There's this thing called streaming now John.

The film is a few years old and is available on Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Does Mrs M like Colin Firth? A lot of ladies seem to enjoy his work.

Rob P
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By johnm
@Rob P Despite having been in IT for 50 years, I have never had any interest in computer games or streaming services. We watch a bit of TV but it would not occur to either of us to pay for it beyond the licence fee :-)

We have been streaming concerts using our iPad and Apple TV box and Youtube/Facebook and would happily pay for them but thus far they've been free through either sponsorship or artists simply playing on line to keep their hand in!
By Rob P
So Apple TV (a streaming service?) is free?

Rob P
By johnm
Rob P wrote:So Apple TV (a streaming service?) is free?

Rob P

No we don't use any of that we just use it to connect the ipad to the TV for the bigger screen and better sound :lol:
By johnm
@Bill Haddow nothing specific, I just felt that we were beginning to use inappropriate phraseology and the tone of some posts was brusque to say the least.
By Bill Haddow
johnm wrote: and the tone of some posts was brusque to say the least.

Well in regard to posts I suppose that one man's brisk is another man's brusque, and I feel that in many cases forumites who say the least are to be commended, not condemned!

Just as long as this doesn't lead to forumites virtue-signalling by using long rambling posts. :snooty:

Bill H
By PeteSpencer
Just watched Kingsman on Prime on the strength of this thread.

What a 'kin hoot!..............

Peter :wink: