For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Eh, someone else made the Skoda suggestion.
By Pete L
I was astonished both threads lasted as long as they did. My conclusion on first reading was that sensible forumites would ignore the bait and they'd quickly die a death not to be repeated. It would be nice to return to the debating quality of yesteryear but the policy is clear enough.
By Sooty25
johnm wrote:I think the mods have taken unkindly to anything that might be political or involve personal attacks. I'm a fairly regular victim of attack and it's kind of the mods to protect me, but I really don't need it :D

you do tend to leave yourself wide open to it though! :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Sooty25
johnm wrote:
Rob P wrote:I'm not aware of which threads have gone missing. Anyone fill me in?

Rob P

I think it's the one about Aunty and the one about Mr Plod and the athletes.

there was also the satellites one that vanished as well. I thought that had potential for a good technical discussion, but then vanished.

Trouble is if you ain't here 24/7, you never know why these threads vanish.
By johnm
Sooty25 wrote:
johnm wrote:I think the mods have taken unkindly to anything that might be political or involve personal attacks. I'm a fairly regular victim of attack and it's kind of the mods to protect me, but I really don't need it :D

you do tend to leave yourself wide open to it though! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can give as good as I get but I don’t see the point, I prefer reasoned argument based on evidence.
Sooty25 liked this
By Sooty25
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Pete, that is not deemed racist; that is racist.

Here something from the NHS about equality and diversity training.

https://heeoe.hee.nhs.uk/faculty/equali ... -resources

I'm curious, if something is true, is it still racist or just a statement of fact?

If @PeteSpencer statement was in fact true, is it still racist? Should it be hidden from sight because someone plays the race card, or should it be treated equally?
Someone suggested - I can't recall who - that they could have avoid being stopped if they would have driven a Skoda and not a Merc.

Racism is anything that suggest that someone can or cannot do something, or be able to do something or not based on their race.
johnm liked this
By skydriller
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Someone suggested - I can't recall who - that they could have avoid being stopped if they would have driven a Skoda and not a Merc.
Racism is anything that suggest that someone can or cannot do something, or be able to do something or not based on their race.

Here, every year (usually), just up the road from here, there is a week long reggae music festival. The Gendarmes I see have always got some old van/camper/car or whatever with various indications that they are part of the reggae crowd pulled over being checked and/or searched during this week, often there's a dog involved too... Without fail, a friend of ours that drives a slightly psychedelic painted old van is pulled over all the time by Gendarmes during that week too. Not seen any BMWs, Mercs or whathaveyou pulled during that week...

Racism, Profiling or just plain common sense....?

Regards, SD..
By Bill Haddow
skydriller wrote:
Racism, Profiling or just plain common sense....?

As I posted before:

Sir Humphrey might say "I conduct intelligence-led investigations; You practice racial profiling; He is a bigoted racist"

Bill H
By johnm
Certainly not common sense as the real crooks will be in the Mercs and BMWs the tatty camper vans will just have janga weed. :D
By Cessna571
debate? here?

Shut up and read the adverts.

The problem is that the mods just donk the threads instead of reprimanding the people.

Pprune now has more reasoned debate and less adverts, because people are given a week posting holiday if deemed to act inappropriately and their terrormods have left so it’s consistent.