For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Flyin'Dutch'
Troublemaker! :D
By johnm
I think the mods have taken unkindly to anything that might be political or involve personal attacks. I'm a fairly regular victim of attack and it's kind of the mods to protect me, but I really don't need it :D
By Rob P
I'm not aware of which threads have gone missing. Anyone fill me in?

Rob P
By johnm
Rob P wrote:I'm not aware of which threads have gone missing. Anyone fill me in?

Rob P

I think it's the one about Aunty and the one about Mr Plod and the athletes.
Rob P liked this
Something about people of colour in deprived areas with a drug problem selling their blacked out top of the range Mercedes saloons and buying Skodas in order to satisfy the question raised in the OP's original thread title......

Deemed a racist suggestion................

Peter :wink:
Rob P, Cns416 liked this
By Rob P
Thanks Peter.

I am a little confused how BBC funding, an arts organisation to which most of us contribute falls under the political catch-all for donking.

Equally why possible racist actions by the police are not open for discussion.

As a retired moderator myself I am aware of the difficulties, you can't actually please everyone, sometimes you can't please anyone. But the moderation here is becoming ever more erratic and random, not helped by the rebranding of the forum not directly concerned with aviation.

Nuff said. I'll shut up now.

Rob P
By skydriller
I suspect the extra donking is because many of us still equate this bit of the forum with the previous title "non-aviation" yet its now called "help and advice" ...

...and unless the original poster is a white policeman looking for advice on how to pull over non-white Merc drivers and not end up on YouTube or a young black Merc owning resident of a dodgy part of London asking " how do I stop being stopped?" then ....

....hang on a minute....whats this thread title...???

:scratch:

Regards, SD.. :wink:
Rob P wrote:I am a little confused how BBC funding, an arts organisation to which most of us contribute falls under the political catch-all for donking.

Those subjects themselves aren't necessarily, but when the threads rapidly deteriorate into discussion that are very much political, with the personal sniping that so often accompanies this, then they will get donked. We often try and split of the stuff that crosses the line, but once you've done that two or three times in the space of a few hours, it's much easier just to pull it completely.
kanga, seanxair, johnm and 2 others liked this
By Bill Haddow
skydriller wrote:I suspect the extra donking is because many of us still equate this bit of the forum with the previous title "non-aviation" yet its now called "help and advice" ...

Well "For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation." is what it says on the tin. (my emphasis)

Bill H
By Bill Haddow
TheKentishFledgling wrote:
Those subjects themselves aren't necessarily, but when the threads rapidly deteriorate into discussion that are very much political, with the personal sniping that so often accompanies this, then they will get donked.

Except if they are about Greta, a topic recently re-animated by @skydriller , which ticked those boxes pretty much from the start.

Bill H
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:Pete, that is not deemed racist; that is racist.

Thanks Frank That’s pretty cute considering you made the very same suggestion of buying a Skoda in the donked thread!

Well I disagree and am not about to take the knee

The OP asked for help and advice and help and advice suggestions were made by numerous people . Falls exactly into the realms of this new sanitised thread category .

Oh, and FYI I’ve done the diversity training and got the certificate A prequisite for my former job immersed as it was in the needs and requirements of IMGs.
Mods: I'm bowing out of this conversation, so donk away...........

Peter :wink: