For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
The peaty ones, Cardhu, Lagavulin, Laphroaig and the like are undrinkable.............

Never could understand the desire to take a perfectly good whisky and make it taste like creosote............

Must be a macho thing : a bit like the Engerlaaaand mob necking retsina by the gallon in Aya Nipple to impress Tracey.

Peter :roll:
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
PeteSpencer wrote:The peaty ones, Cardhu, Lagavulin, Laphroaig and the like are undrinkable.............

And there was I previously thinking you were a man of taste and discernment, Peter. :lol:

My favourite single malts by some distance are Islay: Lagavulin, Laphroaig etc. Nothing to touch them on a winter's night in front of a log fire. :thumright:

And I have never been to Ayia Napa :wink:

Edit to add: the singular piece of advice I recall as a young man receiving from my late great uncle, a brawny highland ex-fisherman, was: there are no bad single malts; some are just more enjoyable than others. :drunken:

PW
Last edited by Propwash on Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
Propwash wrote:
Edit to add: the singular piece of advice I recall as a young man receiving from my late great uncle, a brawny highland ex-fisherman, was: there are no bad single malts; some are just more enjoyable than others. :drunken:

PW

Similar advice from my Malster Grandfather. 'There's no such thing as bad beer.........'

I have to disagree with him there, I'm old enough to remember Watney's Red.
Flyin'Dutch' liked this