For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Red
I think the Gold "United Kingdom" kills it.... tacky
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Red wrote:I think the Gold "United Kingdom" kills it.... tacky

What do you suggest then?

'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter
By PeteSpencer
Red wrote:It's just the colour Pete

As I said on another forum, a bit of Bling and a few gold bars on the epaulettes goes down a storm in hot sandy places, where I guess Boris, his team and the Royals will be spending increasing amounts of flag waving time once this bleedin' lockdown is over.............

Peter :wink:
By townleyc
PeteSpencer wrote:'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter

Why would we want a Turkish flag? or even a Roman one?

KE
kanga liked this
By JAFO
townleyc wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter

KE

Hear, hear - the flag of St Edmund is the only choice. :D
kanga, Red liked this
By Pete L
JAFO wrote:
townleyc wrote:

Peter

KE

Hear, hear - the flag of St Edmund is the only choice. :D

Highly apposite if the Wikipedia article is to be believed - patron saint of pandemics.
By Charles Hunt
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:Nice apart from the blingy Gold lettering. More 'United Arab Emirates' than 'United Kingdom'.

When I looked at it my subconscious expected to read EMIRATES.
PeteSpencer liked this
By Trent772
Nope.

I was party to this many years ago while going through Brize doing Joint Guardian flights.

The Voyager was being specced and the WABC requested that it should be able to be tanked itself.

Airboos said - Non !

WABC said - well, we need to be able to buddy buddy the tanker...

Airboos said - what part of 109 tonnes of fuel are you not getting here.... :clown:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, said the Top Neddies - carry on.... Baaaaaaaa !
By Jim Jones
So, f’rinstance, we needed to deploy a force to stop some S Atlantic islands being annexed, could a Voyager do it ?
By nickwilcock
All A330MRTT except the ones used by the RAF may be refuelled in flight using the 'boom and receptacle' method.

The Voyager isn't fitted with a probe, nor a receptacle. Neither does it have a boom.

Significant structural modifications would have been required to include a probe for the RAF's needs. In addition, not all Voyagers are fitted with a centreline hose, which is needed for refuelling large probe-equipped receivers.
By kanga
Jim Jones wrote:So, f’rinstance, we needed to deploy a force to stop some S Atlantic islands being annexed, could a Voyager do it ?

Surely the more apposite question is 'can the Poseidons do it ?'.. I don't see a probe on pictures of those, and hurried retrofitment to Nimrod MRs had an unhappy outcome. Delighted to be contradicted, of course

[Come to think of it, the RAF RIVET JOINTs (which replaced Nimrod Rs, also hurriedly retrofitted) also appear to have no probe :? ]
By Trent772
nickwilcock wrote:All A330MRTT except the ones used by the RAF may be refuelled in flight using the 'boom and receptacle' method.

The Voyager isn't fitted with a probe, nor a receptacle. Neither does it have a boom.

Significant structural modifications would have been required to include a probe for the RAF's needs. In addition, not all Voyagers are fitted with a centreline hose, which is needed for refuelling large probe-equipped receivers.

The senior chap at Brize was told at the time that Airbus wouldn't look at refuelling because of structural issues. That was a long time ago though - We were doing trooping to Pristina in our A320's, so that dates it !