For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By eltonioni
johnm wrote:It is a great deal better than I feared, the designers have produced an elegant representation of the Union Flag.

I'll leave others to consider which way up it might be :-)

Looks good to me - flags usually fly downwind, except on the Moon but that's a whole other discussion.

The wavy thin blue line is a nice nod to traditional RAF Transport Command colours.
johnm, kanga, Rob P and 1 others liked this
By Jim Jones
Colonel Panic wrote:What are the 6 horizontal "bars" below the registration / windows?

Formation lights?

Or top secret countermeasure slots...
By townleyc
kanga wrote:I'm not bothered about the likely due repaint, but see nothing wrong for the UK image of a Minister or Royal arriving in a 'grey drab' aircraft.

Would have been OK for John Major :D

KE
Rob P, Charles Hunt liked this
By Trent772
Dave W wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulBhEwDqQ4

Two things.......

1. When you do a sharp turn on the runway, don't rip the rubber off :pale:

2. Out of maintenance, it should be a full power take off - just saying... :pirat: :mrgreen:
By Dave W
Colonel Panic wrote:What are the 6 horizontal "bars" below the registration / windows?

Electroluminescent formation keeping strips (lights).

There are more visible on the forward fuselage above the roundel, on either side of the vertical fin and elsewhere.
By PeteSpencer
Paul_Sengupta wrote:Smart.

I think it would look better on a VC10 though! ;-)

Nah
The VC10 engine pods would completely bugger up the effect of the union flag.

It looks 'kin gorgeous as it is:

Would grace any sandpit aerodrome apron on one of Boris's future overseas jollies.

Peter
By PeteSpencer
Dave W wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MulBhEwDqQ4

Wonder of those cranes were NOTAMed?

Peter :roll:
By Rob P
For much of the time those cranes have belonged to Mrs P and her chums at AstraZenaca. For her they are home.

Now the project is a pretty good marker for the downwind at Cambridge (westerly). Long live the cranes (and when we all have the Covid injection...)

Rob P
T6Harvard liked this
By eltonioni
Seems the UK is very late to this particular party and even now we have to triple purpose the aircraft unlike pretty much everywhere else. For comparison;

France: Boooooring
Although they do operate "four Dassault Falcon 50s, two Dassault Falcon 900s, two Dassault Falcon 7Xs and an Airbus A330-200. Additionally, the unit operates three VIP-configured Super Puma helicopters" so Vive la République”, Vive la France, Liberté, égalité, fraternité you proles! More champagne Monsieur le Président ?

Denmark; very efficient use of grey - one for architects and Saab drivers to enjoy.

Eswatini; no, me neither, but it's quite cute that they scaled up a Cessna paintjob. Presumably the Eswatinis have a lot of oil to keep that big old bus going.

Germany; more boring than France, the Hugo Boss of aeroplane design. Well what did you expect?

Luxumburg; quite like this one although it does make the tail skin look rippled

Slovakia; the winner for the chutzpah of actually having pictures of a politician as the paintjob (although he was also a pilot... and a freemason). Maybe Boris Force 2 can have Churchill on the side... or Boris. :evil:

More here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_trans ... government
Last edited by eltonioni on Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
T6Harvard, Trent772, kanga liked this