For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
User avatar
By PeteSpencer
#1779447
Red wrote:I think the Gold "United Kingdom" kills it.... tacky


What do you suggest then?

'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter
User avatar
By PeteSpencer
#1779492
Red wrote:It's just the colour Pete


As I said on another forum, a bit of Bling and a few gold bars on the epaulettes goes down a storm in hot sandy places, where I guess Boris, his team and the Royals will be spending increasing amounts of flag waving time once this bleedin' lockdown is over.............

Peter :wink:
User avatar
By townleyc
#1779835
PeteSpencer wrote:'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter


Why would we want a Turkish flag? or even a Roman one?

KE
kanga liked this
User avatar
By JAFO
#1779856
townleyc wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter


Why would we want a Turkish flag? or even a Roman one?

KE


Hear, hear - the flag of St Edmund is the only choice. :D
kanga, Red liked this
User avatar
By Pete L
#1779875
JAFO wrote:
townleyc wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:'En-ger-laaaand' accompanied by the poor old hi-jacked/debased red cross of St George?

Peter


Why would we want a Turkish flag? or even a Roman one?

KE


Hear, hear - the flag of St Edmund is the only choice. :D


Highly apposite if the Wikipedia article is to be believed - patron saint of pandemics.
User avatar
By Charles Hunt
#1780434
Tall_Guy_In_a_PA28 wrote:Nice apart from the blingy Gold lettering. More 'United Arab Emirates' than 'United Kingdom'.



When I looked at it my subconscious expected to read EMIRATES.
PeteSpencer liked this
User avatar
By Trent772
#1781195
Nope.

I was party to this many years ago while going through Brize doing Joint Guardian flights.

The Voyager was being specced and the WABC requested that it should be able to be tanked itself.

Airboos said - Non !

WABC said - well, we need to be able to buddy buddy the tanker...

Airboos said - what part of 109 tonnes of fuel are you not getting here.... :clown:

Ahhhhhhhhhh, said the Top Neddies - carry on.... Baaaaaaaa !
User avatar
By Jim Jones
#1781201
So, f’rinstance, we needed to deploy a force to stop some S Atlantic islands being annexed, could a Voyager do it ?
User avatar
By nickwilcock
#1781242
All A330MRTT except the ones used by the RAF may be refuelled in flight using the 'boom and receptacle' method.

The Voyager isn't fitted with a probe, nor a receptacle. Neither does it have a boom.

Significant structural modifications would have been required to include a probe for the RAF's needs. In addition, not all Voyagers are fitted with a centreline hose, which is needed for refuelling large probe-equipped receivers.
User avatar
By kanga
#1781261
Jim Jones wrote:So, f’rinstance, we needed to deploy a force to stop some S Atlantic islands being annexed, could a Voyager do it ?


Surely the more apposite question is 'can the Poseidons do it ?'.. I don't see a probe on pictures of those, and hurried retrofitment to Nimrod MRs had an unhappy outcome. Delighted to be contradicted, of course

[Come to think of it, the RAF RIVET JOINTs (which replaced Nimrod Rs, also hurriedly retrofitted) also appear to have no probe :? ]
User avatar
By Trent772
#1781277
nickwilcock wrote:All A330MRTT except the ones used by the RAF may be refuelled in flight using the 'boom and receptacle' method.

The Voyager isn't fitted with a probe, nor a receptacle. Neither does it have a boom.

Significant structural modifications would have been required to include a probe for the RAF's needs. In addition, not all Voyagers are fitted with a centreline hose, which is needed for refuelling large probe-equipped receivers.



The senior chap at Brize was told at the time that Airbus wouldn't look at refuelling because of structural issues. That was a long time ago though - We were doing trooping to Pristina in our A320's, so that dates it !