Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By eltonioni
Ibiza looks to be off this summer so how do I convince Mrs E that wild camping on a hill in the Peak District is a viable option?

What have you lot got planned?
By Miscellaneous
eltonioni wrote:Ibiza looks to be off this summer so how do I convince Mrs E that wild camping on a hill in the Peak District is a viable option?

Exactly that, wild camping in remote places taking advantage of them being largely tourist free. :thumright: Hopefully it will include occasions of 'camping under the wing'.

That's my silver lining. :D
mick w, eltonioni liked this
By johnm
We’ll be staying home until Alderney becomes available.
By GrahamB
We’ve deferred the flights to SE USA booked for September until next year, and the planned drive to the France gaff now slips back into that slot.

We’re keeping fingers crossed that the planned trip to the Costa Rican rainforest is still on for November/December.

All that said, I’d settle for just being able to travel to Carmarthenshire and Solihull to spend time with my kids and grandkids.
By PeteSpencer
I'm hanging on for booked EZY to timeshare in Madeira end August,

Ezy emailed me today to tell me I'm one of the 9 million whose details were hacked end of last year, but only just surfaced.
:roll:
We'll see

Peter
By Jim Jones
PeteSpencer wrote:I'm hanging on for booked EZY to timeshare in Madeira end August,

Ezy emailed me today to tell me I'm one of the 9 million whose details were hacked end of last year, but only just surfaced.
We'll see

Peter

So, how do we know this is really Pete S...?
kanga liked this
By PeteSpencer
Jim Jones wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:I'm hanging on for booked EZY to timeshare in Madeira end August,

We'll see

Peter

So, how do we know this is really Pete S...?

Allahu akbar............. :afro:
By Charliesixtysix
Miscellaneous wrote:
eltonioni wrote:Ibiza looks to be off this summer so how do I convince Mrs E that wild camping on a hill in the Peak District is a viable option?

Exactly that, wild camping in remote places taking advantage of them being largely tourist free. :thumright: Hopefully it will include occasions of 'camping under the wing'.

That's my silver lining. :D

It is well worth looking at flyIng into some private strips, with facilities to match personal taste.

For example:
We have 730 m of nice grass runway with washroom facilities and plenty of room to camp next to the river. Ideal for those who like a bit of peace and quiet and a chance to explore some very pleasant walks or cycle rides in rural english countryside.

There are many more similar of course - Liz and I have been working through SD listing suitable ones to visit when we are allowed out overnight as an alternative to our usual summer alpine excursions. We have a few possibles already and would welcome suggestions for others (500m and a toilet on-site as a minimum ). :thumleft:
By carlmeek
That’s a good idea!

I’ve got an Airbnb with indoor swimming pool 60 second drive from 1000m strip in East Sussex :)