Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
User avatar
By eltonioni
#1771502
Ibiza looks to be off this summer so how do I convince Mrs E that wild camping on a hill in the Peak District is a viable option?

What have you lot got planned?
User avatar
By Miscellaneous
#1771504
eltonioni wrote:Ibiza looks to be off this summer so how do I convince Mrs E that wild camping on a hill in the Peak District is a viable option?

What have you lot got planned?

Exactly that, wild camping in remote places taking advantage of them being largely tourist free. :thumright: Hopefully it will include occasions of 'camping under the wing'.

That's my silver lining. :D
mick w, eltonioni liked this
By johnm
#1771505
We’ll be staying home until Alderney becomes available.
User avatar
By GrahamB
#1771506
We’ve deferred the flights to SE USA booked for September until next year, and the planned drive to the France gaff now slips back into that slot.

We’re keeping fingers crossed that the planned trip to the Costa Rican rainforest is still on for November/December.

All that said, I’d settle for just being able to travel to Carmarthenshire and Solihull to spend time with my kids and grandkids.
User avatar
By PeteSpencer
#1771517
I'm hanging on for booked EZY to timeshare in Madeira end August,

Ezy emailed me today to tell me I'm one of the 9 million whose details were hacked end of last year, but only just surfaced.
:roll:
We'll see

Peter
User avatar
By Jim Jones
#1771525
PeteSpencer wrote:I'm hanging on for booked EZY to timeshare in Madeira end August,

Ezy emailed me today to tell me I'm one of the 9 million whose details were hacked end of last year, but only just surfaced.
:roll:
We'll see

Peter


So, how do we know this is really Pete S...?
kanga liked this
User avatar
By PeteSpencer
#1771529
Jim Jones wrote:
PeteSpencer wrote:I'm hanging on for booked EZY to timeshare in Madeira end August,

Ezy emailed me today to tell me I'm one of the 9 million whose details were hacked end of last year, but only just surfaced.
:roll:
We'll see

Peter


So, how do we know this is really Pete S...?


Allahu akbar............. :afro:
User avatar
By Charliesixtysix
#1771550
Miscellaneous wrote:
eltonioni wrote:Ibiza looks to be off this summer so how do I convince Mrs E that wild camping on a hill in the Peak District is a viable option?

What have you lot got planned?

Exactly that, wild camping in remote places taking advantage of them being largely tourist free. :thumright: Hopefully it will include occasions of 'camping under the wing'.

That's my silver lining. :D


It is well worth looking at flyIng into some private strips, with facilities to match personal taste.

For example:
We have 730 m of nice grass runway with washroom facilities and plenty of room to camp next to the river. Ideal for those who like a bit of peace and quiet and a chance to explore some very pleasant walks or cycle rides in rural english countryside.

There are many more similar of course - Liz and I have been working through SD listing suitable ones to visit when we are allowed out overnight as an alternative to our usual summer alpine excursions. We have a few possibles already and would welcome suggestions for others (500m and a toilet on-site as a minimum ). :thumleft:
User avatar
By carlmeek
#1771569
That’s a good idea!

I’ve got an Airbnb with indoor swimming pool 60 second drive from 1000m strip in East Sussex :)