Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Pete L
I am now a man who stares at goats.

Next door have added them to their pre-Eid delights - they usually supply sheep to the local Halal trade. I'm hoping it's the Eid in a few days time since the naffing things have been sneaking through any hole they can find for the past week.

I only keep enough spare fence stuff for the odd blundering horse. I'm running out of spare rails / barbed wire.

Much worse than sheep - they can climb sheep netting. Watched the little ***s doing it.

In their favour: they're smart enough to remember how they got in when you gently encourage them back in their own field - no aimlessly trying to fit through the netting like sheep - and they really don't like anything barbed.

Apart from scotch bonnet, anyone got any other cures for goats?
By Rob L
Goats are good eating. Mbuzi when I lived in Kenya. Quite tender if cooked properly.

Good milk too, which also makes the most excellent yoghurt. I suggest get the milk first, then the meat :|
Nick liked this
By kanga
Pete L wrote:.. I'm hoping it's the Eid in a few days time..

Eidu 'l-Fitr will be this coming weekend. I'm sure Forumites will remember to say, from a suitable distance, Eid Mubarak to their Muslim neighbours, just as they will have been saying Ramadan Mubarak for the last 3 weeks. Happy to provide other language variants (eg, Turkish, Albanian. ..) on request :)
By Pete L
kanga wrote:
Pete L wrote:.. I'm hoping it's the Eid in a few days time..

Eidu 'l-Fitr will be this coming weekend. I'm sure Forumites will remember to say, from a suitable distance, Eid Mubarak to their Muslim neighbours, just as they will have been saying Ramadan Mubarak for the last 3 weeks. Happy to provide other language variants (eg, Turkish, Albanian. ..) on request :)

I shall certainly be saying it to the goats. :D
kanga liked this
By FlarePath
Goats are spawn of the devil, evil looking critters, with little horns, cloven 'oofs and those horrible yellow eys that are vertical,. Don't like 'em at all...

PS: I feel the same about circus clowns as well......apart from the eyes,hoofs and horns, though.