Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Cessna571
Really nice to hear a SEP pass quite low overhead.

Forgotten exactly what they sound like.

For a whole 60 seconds it drowned out the sound of the bikers!

Can’t wait for another one at some point.
JAFO liked this
By Propwash
Yesterday was the first time I have seen lots of GA light aircraft flying around the South of England on Flight Radar 24. Still have very few if any flying overhead where I live though. It will be strange if and when traffic picks up again to anywhere near normal. Even commercial traffic is scarce around here compared to pre-Covid days. If it weren't for helicopters . . . . . . .

PW
By PeteSpencer
KC135s have resumed into Lakenheath this week and we've had a few lower-than-usual overflights by twoships of F15s but nary a SEP ....

Hoping to put that right when our arrer comes out of Annual later this week......

Peter
By malcolmfrost
Cessna571 wrote:Really nice to hear a SEP pass quite low overhead.

Forgotten exactly what they sound like.

For a whole 60 seconds it drowned out the sound of the bikers!

Can’t wait for another one at some point.

It’s trail bikes around here, all blooming day and never mind the Surrey Off Road Club.....
By PeteSpencer
Yippee! A couple of SEPs overhead chez spenny this arvo.

PS to passing low level aviators: the recreation ground behind our house does not afford 'glide clear' absolution. :roll:

Peter
By Bill McCarthy
Remind me again - what’s an SEP !!
Does it count - I saw the Scottish Ambulance eggbeater fly over a week ago.
By OCB
OO-59H (an MCR), then another Oscar Oscar - lycosaur PA28 from the Sabena Flight Club - were overhead OCB Central today.

Yes, I was an excited kid every time I heard a SEP. I was also checking on FlightRadar to make sure I’d guessed right the type.

So far, Lycosaur is the easiest to spot.
Modern stuff - it’s so quiet...so it’s that whole quandary about “proper airplane v local”