For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
It's a 5 year old CPU and you have no GPU.

Your best bet would be to fit a graphics card. This won't necessarily help with WU throughput but you'll score massively higher.

And if you do buy a modern graphics card, you'll be able to use X-Plane and do other fun stuff.

Plus you'll be able to move the graphics card into a new PC in the future, so it wouldn't be money down the drain.
cotterpot wrote:Not sure why mine is so slow - it's set to use full power and on all the time :(

Anything I can do apart from a new PC?

Operating System
Windows 10 Home 64-bit
CPU
Intel Pentium G3260 @ 3.30GHz 52 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
MSI H81M-P33 (MS-7817) (SOCKET 0) 45 °C
Graphics
Dell E193FP (1280x1024@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics (MSI)

@stevelup beat me to it ;)

I don't see a dedicated GPU (graphics card) - that's what makes a big difference with this type of computation.

If you don't mind spending a bit of money - then that will add a decent amount of capacity without buying a new PC. Doing a quick googling, you can easily add a GPU.

https://www.pc-specs.com/mobo/MSI/MSI_H81M-P33/2300/Compatible_GPUs

My GPU is a nVidia GTX670, which was a middle class card when I bought it 5 years ago. Unfortunately, the BitCoin bollox has bitten hard, and the prices of GPU went up and never came down to what I'd consider "reasonable" prices.
Yeah, you'll be able to get something off eBay for < £50 that will be more than adequate for this.

Thankfully, the bitcoin bollox has died down a little bit.

Only thing to watch out for if you get a GPU is to make sure your power supply is adequate and that you have the extra 12V power connectors you need.
I think that I've just twigged that because I'm anonymous even though I have the flyer number registered I'm not scoring points. I'll add a fictitious name and see if that makes a difference.

Edited to add:

I invented a random name to replace anonymous and have now contributed 4691 points to the pot. :-)
A warning to anyone who upgrades their GPU...

I went from about 6m points to nearly 29m points in a few short weeks.

Yay....

.....except I have a power supply for my PC that logs kilowatt hours.

Yes - I know it's infinitely better than bit-coinnard, but the shocker was I realised my leccy bill for my PC went from about 15 euro a year to 250....I turned off the GPU stuff for folding@home......

....then felt guilty....

Apparently decent modern GPU can chew through the numbers a hell of a lot faster than kit from 4 or 5 years ago.

I keep hitting "stop" on the app - then I see the project they are working on is a worthy cause...so I turn it on again....
Pete L liked this
I think the "ready reckoner rule of thumb" (ie you can do a lot better if you can be bothered to find the real numbers) is £1 per watt per year. Modern mainstream GPUs are in the 250watt area, an i7core at full chat circa 75-100. A raspberry Pi4 is nearer 5-6w.
I'm still throwing most of my CPU cores at World Community Grid - Open Pandemics which is looking not only at Covid but the next one. 28CPU years so far :)
(Link is a recruiter link - not that I get anything from it other than a warm fuzzy feeling that someone else is helping)