For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By lobstaboy
...any advice? (Have a pair of hairdressers scissors, otherwise not a clue). Would be happy to reclaim the long haired hippy look but Mrs L adamant.
By Colonel Panic
In 2015 I got fed up paying £10 plus a tip every 6 weeks to listen to some dumb &%@*! chatting about Corrie et al while she did my hair that I invested all of £26.39 in a Wahl Clip 'n Trim. Only ever use No.3 comb, and have never looked back since.

Paid for itself in less than 3 months. Only thing I'd change is to get a more bathroom friendly cordless one.
Flyin'Dutch', nallen liked this
By Flyingfemme
£10 - bargain! Ladies hairdressers cost double and then some. It’s been 2 months since my last haircut and I may have to have a go myself very soon. Normally it’s every month - the hairdresser does the work once a month so I don’t have to every day. DH offered but I’m not biting........
Flyin'Dutch', Iceman liked this
By seanxair
Like mine very short anyway but my wife did mine yesterday on a 3mm clip all over. Perfect.

She did our 9yo just now. 18mm all over then 12mm back and sides. She isn't happy her pony tail has gone. Loads of tears

Only joking. It's a boy and he is well pleased :D
mick w, Flyin'Dutch', Grelly and 2 others liked this
By cockney steve
Inherited a shihtsu (yes, I know the spelling, as does autodonk );-) got fed up with the 6- weekly wash & trim, bought an almost -new Wahl kit with scissors, comb and various attachments, under £20 (ebay, of course! ) Dog long gone but we shared the clipper...It's saved me a fortune..
Handy to have a dog to learn the skill on, first :lol:
By nallen
I went through exactly the same thought process as @Colonel Panic: about 15 years ago I saw hair clippers for £10 (= c. 1.25 haircuts at the time) and decided that the worst that could happen was that I cocked it up and looked daft (more daft, some would say) for a few weeks until my hair grew out and I returned to professional care. The original device gave up the ghost about five years back, and I upgraded to cordless clippers. (The clippings either go in the compost, or in spring get left out for the birds to use as nesting material -- I like the thought of some tits nestling in my locks.)
Flyin'Dutch', Colonel Panic, mick w and 1 others liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
Colonel Panic wrote:In 2015 I got fed up paying £10 plus a tip every 6 weeks to listen to some dumb &%@*! chatting about Corrie et al while she did my hair that I invested all of £26.39 in a Wahl Clip 'n Trim. Only ever use No.3 comb, and have never looked back since.

Paid for itself in less than 3 months. Only thing I'd change is to get a more bathroom friendly cordless one.

Glad to read that, having this morning decided I needed such a solution - and ordered a Wahl cordless hair trimmer. Hopefully I'll find out next week sometime if it's any good.

G
Colonel Panic liked this