For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Does anybody on here do commissions?

I’ve just spent a couple days installing electricity at the bottom of our garden by pull through 2.5mm2 cable through hard plastic channel buried underground when house was built

The cable emerges from the plastic tube (68mm downpipe just below the waterproof junction box and I need a push fit cover for the 68mm down pipe with a hole in the middle for the flex to stop water getting into the down pipe A dome or shallow cone shape would do the job . I’d have to cut it radially to get the cable in as it’s all wired up and installed . I’m all ready to fill the top of the tube with gorilla expanding foam but I figured a removable cap would do a neater and non permanent job. ( gorilla foam sets like concrete)It needs to be black but I can paint it

Would anyone who has a 3 d printer but is bored with making key rings be able to help please ? Happy to email sketch with dimensions and of course full payment for materials time and postage

TIA

Peter
Colonel Panic liked this
By eltonioni
A duct cover in the shape of Apollo 11 would be grand.
By Cessna571
PeteSpencer wrote:Does anybody on here do commissions?

I’ve just spent a couple days installing electricity at the bottom of our garden by pull through 2.5mm2 cable through hard plastic channel buried underground when house was built

The cable emerges from the plastic tube (68mm downpipe just below the waterproof junction box and I need a push fit cover for the 68mm down pipe with a hole in the middle for the flex to stop water getting into the down pipe A dome or shallow cone shape would do the job . I’d have to cut it radially to get the cable in as it’s all wired up and installed . I’m all ready to fill the top of the tube with gorilla expanding foam but I figured a removable cap would do a neater and non permanent job. ( gorilla foam sets like concrete)It needs to be black but I can paint it

Would anyone who has a 3 d printer but is bored with making key rings be able to help please ? Happy to email sketch with dimensions and of course full payment for materials time and postage

TIA

Peter

PM sent
By Colonel Panic
Colonel Panic wrote:Wow - impressive. Not sure I'd want to get involved with printing a model of Tutankhamun's head or a toy boat, but can think of a variety of one-off mini projects that would be handy around the house / workshop, and that sort of software makes it possible.

Well, I've had to eat my own words, and look forward to sharing my bath tonight with a new friend. :oops:

Not bad for a first print ...

Paul_Sengupta, Pete L, kanga and 2 others liked this
By mmcp42
looks good
which printer did you get?
By Colonel Panic
I went for the kit version of the Prusa - took many hours to build, but the process was enjoyable and informative. I have to say that it is extremely well made - but it wasn't cheap!
mmcp42, Pete L liked this
By PeteSpencer
@ colonel panic ;

Two questions : can a printed object be printed thin enough to be flexible ? Ie can it be twisted to a minor degree?

And can a cut surface be glued and if so with what?

TIA

Peter
By stevelup
You can get different materials - some totally flexible (almost rubber like).

PLA is not flexible (which is what CP will be printing with)

Cyanoacrylate (superglue) sticks PLA very well.
By Colonel Panic
TheKentishFledgling wrote:Out of interest, how long did that take to print, @Colonel Panic?

Ages! Something like 2 hours, so not for the impatient (like wot I is) :D
By Colonel Panic
Quite chuffed with this - Mrs Me wanted a "ballet bar" to practise her moves on, so two of these brackets will support a 50mm diameter round bar on top of two 48mm square stands. Designed in Fusion360, sliced in PrusaSlicer. Took ~4 hours to print, but it can be left mostly unattended, so no huge problem.

The number of necessary projects continue :)