For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Pm sent

The most critical dimension is the height from the top of the ‘dome’ to rim of 65 mm int dia down pipe the plug rests in = 20mm.

Many thanks

Peter
By Colonel Panic
@PeteSpencer - I sent your widgets first class on Friday, so hopefully will arrive on Monday.

Meanwhile, quite chuffed with this home grown design and build - to attach an Apple TV on to the VESA mount behind the TV. I've already bagged the first prize of a Haribo for spotting the deliberate mistake - but am sure a Dremel will make access to the power port easy :oops:

eltonioni liked this
By PeteSpencer
Great stuff mon colonel, thank you very much.

Only one more lockdown project left now (#8 ) and I'll be twiddling my thumbs..................

Ring doorbell installation/power wiring completed today with much wire-threading/pulling through small holes.....

Peter :wink:
Colonel Panic liked this
By PeteSpencer
Colonel Panic wrote:@PeteSpencer - I sent your widgets first class on Friday, so hopefully will arrive on Monday

Received today mon Colonel with many thanks : A perfect fit as images show the cap doing the job intended just prior to swinging the pipe into place under cabinet

Them printers are brill. Will be sealing in into place with silicone goo late

Grateful thanks to developer and manufacturer

Peter aka v happy bunny :thumleft:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
kanga, Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Colonel Panic
Excellent - well posh. Did the lip on the under side of the dome fit around the pipe too, or did that late design change not work?
By PeteSpencer
Colonel Panic wrote:Excellent - well posh. Did the lip on the under side of the dome fit around the pipe too, or did that late design change not work?

Side overhang lip fitted perfectly ! Would be well waterproof but as I’m sealing the two halves anyway I’ll bung some sealant all around plug .
I took another image but while my usual trick got the first two images upright I just couldn’t get the third off its side

I’ll post final image when cap is sealed in, pipe swung back under cabinet and hole back filled
Many thanks again. I've pm’d you ref costs

Peter :wink:
By Colonel Panic
Another day, another commission. I should go in to business.

A virtual Haribo for the first correct guess at what it is. FWIW there is a hole right down through the centre, and the two halves screw together.

Amazing what first world problems require a solution ...

By PeteSpencer
Now that common sense has returned I attach the promised pic of the Slup/Col P cap in situ
It’s a bit smeary cos of residual clear mastic but it’s hidden behind buddleia and the pigeons have aleady christened the cabinet ++

Peter
kanga liked this
By stevelup
This thread ended up costing me money...

It prompted me to bring my old printer back to life but it was beyond treatment and I had no choice other than to put it out of it's misery.

I've now got a shiny new Ender 3 Pro with BLtouch probe, and finally, after all these years, it has a dedicated place to live (which I had to install a power supply and supplemental lighting to!)

Dave W, Colonel Panic liked this
By PeteSpencer
stevelup wrote:This thread ended up costing me money...

It prompted me to bring my old printer back to life but it was beyond treatment and I had no choice other than to put it out of it's misery.

I've now got a shiny new Ender 3 Pro with BLtouch probe, and finally, after all these years, it has a dedicated place to live (which I had to install a power supply and supplemental lighting to!)

Holy poo! what a gadget:
How does the raw material come? In sacks of granules or is it some kind of liquid like a standard printer?

Peter
By JonathanB
PeteSpencer wrote:How does the raw material come? In sacks of granules or is it some kind of liquid like a standard printer?

On a spool - that is it on the top of the machine.
PeteSpencer liked this
By mmcp42
I got the same - a basic Ender 3

hav installed glass plate and Capricorn Bowden tube (better heat resistance and slipperyer (is that a word?)
busy printing parts for an enclosure to keep it in :)

Colonel Panic liked this
By mmcp42
I'm "driving" it with OctoPrint running on pi
stunning piece of software

I also separated the x-axis cable from the Bowden tube, puts less of a load on the tube
Dave W liked this