For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Colonel Panic
I'm thoroughly enjoying mine. Like @mmcp42 I have just built an IKEA Lack cabinet to keep it in. OctoPi is fabulous - so much better than pfaffing about with SD cards.
By mmcp42
Colonel Panic wrote:I'm thoroughly enjoying mine. Like @mmcp42 I have just built an IKEA Lack cabinet to keep it in. OctoPi is fabulous - so much better than pfaffing about with SD cards.

well identified, since I didn't name the enclosure!
show us a picture . . .
Colonel Panic liked this
By mmcp42
@monColonel
very nice looking enclosure

looks like a Prusa printer :)

which lights did you go for?
I'm working on IKEA Dioder
with different colours for heating (red), printing(white), cooling(blue)
By Colonel Panic
The über Lo-Fi 4" speakers in my 1999 Defender gave up the ghost the other day (PROB90 having battled to drown out the noise of the TDi5 engine), so bought some more for £25 but the surround was a slightly different size. :roll:

Spent 20 minutes designing a new one in Fusion360, and then a couple of hours to print. Problem solved, & Jeff Bezos none the richer 8)

Well chuffed.

By ChrisRowland
Another recent Ender 3 Pro purchaser here.

Great fun, have made the usual accessories for the printer, a case for a home made vario and a mount for my phone.

I'm using OpenSCAD for design, then Cura to do the slicing.

PLA is great for printing but is temperature sensitive and a phone holder left in a car sort of curls up like a crisp.

PETG is less temperature sensitive so I'm trying that. Both of these are more or less odour free.
Colonel Panic liked this
By Cessna571
ChrisRowland wrote:Another recent Ender 3 Pro purchaser here.

Great fun, have made the usual accessories for the printer, a case for a home made vario and a mount for my phone.

I'm using OpenSCAD for design, then Cura to do the slicing.

PLA is great for printing but is temperature sensitive and a phone holder left in a car sort of curls up like a crisp.

PETG is less temperature sensitive so I'm trying that. Both of these are more or less odour free.

That feature of PLA improves at higher infills.

If I remember correctly the default is a very low infill.

If it’s for something functional I use 40 or 50 per cent infill on PLA. Have been known to use higher.
By Cessna571
ChrisRowland wrote:100%
This is essentially a plate 2mm thick with walls (sides top, bottom) of 1mm so no infill.

ah, yes, not a lot you can do about that then!
By Dave W
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
mmcp42 wrote:I'm "driving" it with OctoPrint running on pi
stunning piece of software

Late to this particular party, but.. Yes! Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi is the puppy's privates.

Magnificently useful, especially if your printer workshop is physically distanced from your design area/office/study/etc - or (and I remember doing this, once) you are somewhere other than at home.
By Pete L
Looks like the RepRap's replacement will also be an Ender. Prusa get hit by Brexit customs charges unless you live in NI.

Aside: I wonder how much cross-border customs-avoidance will be recreated due to the B word?
By townleyc
Dave W wrote:
mmcp42 wrote:I'm "driving" it with OctoPrint running on pi
stunning piece of software

Late to this particular party, but.. Yes! Octoprint on a Raspberry Pi is the puppy's privates.

Magnificently useful, especially if your printer workshop is physically distanced from your design area/office/study/etc - or (and I remember doing this, once) you are somewhere other than at home.

I just object to the begging starting as soon as you hit the website.

I do not mind supporting some developers, but quit the begging!

KE