Non aviation content. Play nice – No religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
Rolled out the astroturf onto the patio and hosed down the garden table/chairs.

Barbecue next.....

Then Chimenea in case of cool evenings.

Peter :thumleft:
Flyin'Dutch', MikeB liked this
By Charles Hunt
Decking being reconstructed - 10 year old green mouldy and rotten timber removed and trying a composite this time - but struggling for materials during lockdown.

Summerhouse got a coat of paint yesterday.
Flyin'Dutch', MikeB liked this
By skydriller
Charles Hunt wrote:Decking being reconstructed - 10 year old green mouldy and rotten timber removed and trying a composite this time - but struggling for materials during lockdown.

Im having this exact problem here. Need to re-deck an area, cant buy materials.. :(
By johnm
As I'm still a biy under the weather I'm planning a gentle stroll across the lawn with a weed and feed dispenser, once I feel a little more energetic it'll be Hammerite on the metal garden seats....in the meantime MrsJohnm is watching as the first of her iris collections comes into bloom.
By stevelup
Charles Hunt wrote:Decking being reconstructed - 10 year old green mouldy and rotten timber removed and trying a composite this time - but struggling for materials during lockdown.

Dunno if you've already sourced your materials? I did mine using Ultrashield from https://www.shawfieldtimber.co.uk - they're still up and running and making deliveries.

'Scuse the mess, just snapped some less than 'brochure quality' photos!

It's a piece of cake to install and I love the fact that all the fixings are totally hidden.

By PeteSpencer
Jim Jones wrote:Do you think the birds are discussing the seasonal behaviour of humans?

The bloody great seagull sitting on top of my chimney cowl watching my every move certainly is.,

Too bad I gave away my air rifle when we moved here..... :twisted:

Peter :wink:
By stevelup
95% of it does not get slippy. It's the least slippy surface I've ever come across.

The 5% shoddy part where I obviously used a banana joist and didn't check as I went along got -very- slippy when water pooled in it and froze over leaving a perfectly invisible patch of black ice...

But that's installer error rather than a failure of the technology!
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By Flyin'Dutch'
I see that the building control inspection has taken place:

:)
By stevelup
Grelly wrote:stevelup, what about price? Last time I considered composites instead of wood, it was about five times the price.

It's a good bit more expensive than the cheapest, carppest decking you can get. But cheap carp decking is carp...

But it's only about twice the price of decent stuff, looks better in my opinion, is easier and neater to installed, will last many times longer and needs no maintenance.
So, on balance, worth it. There's a calculator on the website I linked to above. Just put in 3M x 3M or whatever and it works everything out for you right down to the nails. I couldn't use the calculator because - as you see in my photos - mine was far from a simple square!
Grelly liked this