For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
eltonioni wrote:GLE too please.

I should have spotted that, it's one of my holdings, bought at nearly £8 :(

ImageFlyer Portfolio by Rob, on Flickr

Rob P
Last edited by Rob P on Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:18 am, edited 5 times in total.
eltonioni liked this
As a RR employee I received free and matching shares and bought a couple of thousand at their offer of £1 each. They went to an all time high of around £12 each a few years ago but they have dropped like a stone and are worth £2.50 now. No option but to weather it out.
Rob P wrote:That's a good plan FD. Presumably my Class 2, whenever that happens, will be on the same basis? Payment by results?

Rob P :lol:

Always - the payment is for the time with me and the enjoyment that brings.......

The issue of the certificate, when meeting the requisite standard is free.

Mildly amusing anecdote; I had started as the newest GP in my previous practice and taken over the list from the old senior partner (who had been there a lifetime) and thus a fair few older patients came my way, including someone who had held a HGV licence for many decades and needed a fresh medical.

So after introductory pleasantries we proceeded. Anyone familiar with the process knows that there are 10 or 12 pages with questions about health, vision and what not.

So I ticked the appropriate boxes and completed the assessment by signing the forms. I handed it to him and told him he could go and pay for the medical at the reception; his riposte - I never had to pay and you just ticked the boxes - I could have done that myself!

I explained to him that the ticking of the boxes was a free and gratis service - he merely had to pay for my signature.

He left with some groans, to pay but never to come back.

You win some you lose some.

It made me laugh. :D
My last AME was of the old school and didn't charge me for 20 years.

But I learnt he was rather partial to South African red.....

Interestingly and surprisingly the US AME who gave me an emergency class 3 in Naples Fl on a Saturday morning while the IR examiner paced up and down outside spitting feathers didn't charge either.

Peter :wink:
LowNSlow1 wrote:Can I have 273 Marathon (MRO) shares @£3.65 please?

Some confusion here. MRO = Melrose Industries PLC currently trading at 75.26p
Or there's Marathon Oil on the NY stock exchange a $3.65.

I am assuming you meant the latter, so you actually get 336 shares for your £1,000

Let me know you are happy with this please?

Rob P
LowNSlow1 liked this
PeteSpencer wrote:My last AME was of the old school and didn't charge me for 20 years.

But I learnt he was rather partial to South African red.....

Interestingly and surprisingly the US AME who gave me an emergency class 3 in Naples Fl on a Saturday morning while the IR examiner paced up and down outside spitting feathers didn't charge either.

Peter :wink:

The times they are achanging.

Most AME and other colleagues offer to pay, and some insist paying the full whack.