For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By PeteSpencer
FLYER Club Member  FLYER Club Member
Melanie Moxon wrote:It would be nice if the constant media harassment of transgender individuals stopped.

@Melanie Moxon

Have you been following the story of David/Diana in Saturday's Telegraph magazine
Absolutely spellbinding stuff.

Peter :wink:
Last edited by PeteSpencer on Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Popeye liked this
By Genghis the Engineer
- Work presenteeism. I think we'll have more than adequately proved that many jobs just don't need to be done in, well, the workplace.

- Influenza! Will all of this pretty much knock the worldwide annual cycle of Flu ? I would certainly love to believe that this is true.

- Possibly a lot of the treatable venerial diseases, for the same reason.

- Antivaxers.

G
Leodisflyer liked this
I think that many are learning that it is possible to be more productive without being in one place and that it’s also possible to keep people engaged. If anything engagement can be enhanced.

I don’t think anybody has truly cracked maintaining creativity and spontaneous invention without a physical presence though. Maybe somebody will come with a good solution using virtual reality technology.
By Flyin'Dutch'
That was them being sensible. I had to warn one off.

Looking around my circle of medical friends, acquaintances and friends I cannot think of more than a few who are working full time in NHS work past the age of 55.

That means that folks with a lot of experience leave the health service as they can't cope with the pressures of the system.

That is a lot of capacity and experience being lost.
PeteSpencer liked this
By PeteSpencer
Flyin'Dutch' wrote:That was them being sensible. I had to warn one off.

Looking around my circle of medical friends, acquaintances and friends I cannot think of more than a few who are working full time in NHS work past the age of 55.

That is a lot of capacity and experience being lost.

Aint that the truth: when I emerged from Medical School bright eyed and bushy tailed in 1970 I was going to work saving lives for 40 years till I was 65 and all my pension stuff was jigged for this.

By 50 I had seen the light: fortunately I had enough time to get my insurance man to re-jig my stuff to 60 and that's when I jacked it in. Meant a reduced lump sum and pension but worth every penny.

Sad thing is , physically I could have easily gone on for another 5-8 years but from the emotional energy point of view I was done.

Haven't looked back since.

Peter
Flyin'Dutch' liked this
By GrahamB
The prats that slavishly follow their GPS to use our single-track lane as a rat run, despite it being clearly marked with the ‘No entry, Access Only’ round signs. And then having the cheek to argue with me when I stop them and politely point out that they are breaking the law.