For help, advice and discussion about stuff not related to aviation. Play nice: no religion, no politics and no axe grinding please.
By Cessna571
Imagine if you have the same family the £11 to buy their child’s lunches for a week, what they’d say!

There’d be uproar. Dunno what the answer is, but it’s not a headmaster posting on Twitter.
By Boing_737
We pay £2.35/day (£11.75/week) for hot school meals for little boing. For that she gets a hot main meal, and a pudding cooked from fresh ingredients.

The kids that have free school meals get exactly the same, with the same budget, in some cases this is the only decent meal that these children get, i.e. the only decent source of nutrition.

I'm in two minds about this. It could be a very poor attempt at continuing to provide free school meals to children, however, there is also an aspect here of providing the means for a child to feed themselves. It'd be quite hard for an 8 year old to safely cook some food unsupervised if a parent can't help (or won't), really easy for them to make a sandwich though.

That said, I would expect the £11.75 to go quite a lot further.